× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Issues with VOD on TV Devices

Thorfinn
Star

Issues with VOD on TV Devices

Not sure how to explain it properly because english is not my main language

I installed the XR500 a month ago using my old modem/router as a bridge and everything works great - i got a  PC connected with LAN cable and plenty of wifi devices..

I also have a Digital TV converter  from a streaming company in my country and they work with Settelite for channels

but they also have a VOD service that requires an internet connection to work..

and for some reason when pluggin the XR500 to that TV converter(we have 3 of them) the VOD service not working

sometimes it just not loading pictures and sometimes you cant order movies and so on..

I got 2 TV tech guys here and both said its the Router and some "setting" block it from working properly because if i plug my old modem/router everything works fine.. - I told them it's seems wrong because internet is working flawlessy and if i plug a PC or any other devices they all work great so why they blame the XR500?

Anyway - b4 making my move and transfer to another company.. i wonder- are there any settings that can actually cause problems with the VOD service that i mentioned? anything worth changing just for the test?

thanks

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Firstly your English is great, thanks for being clear and concise. Please go to Settings > Setup > WAN Settings. Make sure that Disable SIP ALG is ticked and that Disable IGMP Proxying is UNticked. Then apply and reboot the router, does it work properly after that?
Message 2 of 14
Thorfinn
Star

Hey,

Tried that but still no luck 😕

Capture.PNG

Message 3 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Can't see the picture as it hasn't been moderated. Disable QoS in the Anti-Bufferbloat menu and see if that makes it work.
Message 4 of 14
Thorfinn
Star

well the picture just showing the settings you wanted me to use

I tried disabling QOS and it does'nt help at all.

Message 5 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It might be that it's required to be plugged into the ISP hub. Our new software will be available for beta soon which could fix the issue possibly, sign up here and if you get in please do give us feedback on whether it works on not and we can look into it in more detail: http://www.netgearinnovation.com/dumaos-beta/index.html
Message 6 of 14
Thorfinn
Star

Hey

not really sure what does it mean being plugged directly into the ISP hub

Anyway i registered for the BETA and I really hope it will help solve the issue because right now I'm paying for that VOD service and it's not usable.

If have any other suggestion regarding settings that might help - please let me know

besides that,

Thanks for time and help : )

Message 7 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sorry, to clarify, some services like that (usually provided by your internet provider so may not apply) require you to have it connected to the internet provider router/modem in order to work correctly. Is it possible to connect it via WiFi at all?
Message 8 of 14
Thorfinn
Star

Oh! That might be it! Because my older modem/router that now used a bridge is from my isp and it worked perfect with the vod service - i also remember one of tech guys that came to check it and said if he will plug that isp router he sure things will work then i hd an argue with him that it's stupid to force me to use that kind of gear because many customers buy their own equipmemt to get better results - so he just kept blaming the xr500

Sadly there is no wifi option

You still think the new beta that i signed up for could solve it?

Worst case? I'll have to tell them i want to leave and just go to another company- it's a last resort for me but I'm not giving up on the XR500
Message 9 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I have no way to know for sure if it will definitely fix it but if any firmware version to date would it would be this one coming. If it doesn't then it provides the perfect opportunity to feedback that to us so we can fix it.
Message 10 of 14
Thorfinn
Star

Alright

gonna wait and hopefully get access to that beta frimware to test it out.

hope i can fix the problem with that 🙂

thanks

Message 11 of 14
tvlarry
Aspirant

Same issue here TWO YEARS LATER. XR500 issue causing no VOD using an Android Streaming Box. Issue is the router confirmed.

I am using a bridge mode config. ISP Modem connected to my Netgear XR500.

Latest firmware to router and latest to the BuzzTV Media Box. MP4 streaming is blocked to this Box.

I see no solution

Message 12 of 14
Thorfinn
Star

So to "solve" this
I changed my dlink modem/router back to act as the main router. And plugged my tv directly to it

So now VoD is working perfect.
I took the netgear and plugged into my dlink as a access point. So it send wifi to my entire house

It's sad I can't use it as a main router but it's the only way to "solve" my issue
Message 13 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@tvlarry could you make a new topic for the issue? Also let us know what you have tried so we can rule it out

For you @Thorfinn I think because it is provided by the ISP is why it needs to be connected to that to work properly.
Message 14 of 14
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7