× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Issues with XR500 Geo-Filter Apex Legends

Cornerback21
Aspirant

Issues with XR500 Geo-Filter Apex Legends

Im from central Wisconsin, trying to get into lobbies from the iowa server since those have the lowest ping times 20-25. All of the servers show up for a few seconds at the Apex Legends loading screen, then they all dissapear besides one in texas. Unless i open my radius wide enough to include this server in texas, i cant get into a game. Very frustrating when i play with my friends from the same town, because i get kicked from the game immediately and they get put into a game. Ive read a ton of discussions on the forums and feel like ive tried everything. Thank you!

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Issues with XR500 Geo-Filter Apex Legends

Have you selected the server on Apex that you want and then mirrored that setting on the Geo-Filter? If you allow the one from Texas does another server show up when you're in the game or is it just that Texas server? Use Spectating Mode and just play normally, do you see any other servers on the map that you get connected to or is it always the Texas server despite the server you've selected in the game? What is the ping to the Texas server?
Message 2 of 5
Cornerback21
Aspirant

I’ve tried choosing 3 Iowa servers on the game and closing the range on the filter too only hit Iowa and so forth, but then Iowa servers disappears and only ones pop up in Texas, shows them get blocked a few times, then it shows a peer server. At this time I try matching making and get kicked for connection to server issue.
Message 3 of 5
Cornerback21
Aspirant

It usually works when in spectating mode but only connects to these servers in Texas. The ping on them is between 49-55, 2 times I was able to connect to a server in Illinois and Indiana with a ping of 19-22.
Message 4 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay interesting, when do you usually play? Is it during peak times? Could you add the Texas server to your allow list please and try to filter normally again, does anything else appear?
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7