× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Issues with certain TVs / tv devices needing to goto check network status before it gets internet

Goretech
Guide

Issues with certain TVs / tv devices needing to goto check network status before it gets internet

A couple weeks ago I replaced my Nighthawk R7000 with the Nighthawk XR500.  At first I had disconnect issues but those are resolved I believe.

The main issue I am having now is certain devices when powered on will not connect until I tell it to refresh its connection by using Network status.  This did not happen with my R7000.  The one device it always happens on is Samsung - 43" UN43M5300AFXZA

Any thoughts what would cause this?  I tried wired and wireless with the same issue.  I brought in another TV, with built in Roku, and it works fine in the same spot.  Not sure what the R7000 was doing to always provide instant on internet to the Samsung TV but it is very annoying that the XR500 doesn't.  

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Goretech
Guide

Re: Issues with certain TVs / tv devices needing to goto check network status before it gets interne

I got a Linksys wrt32x and since I have a killer nic in my gaming PC, it is great.   It fixed my tv issue too. Its 33% off right now, so saved a $100 too. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Issues with certain TVs / tv devices needing to goto check network status before it gets interne

Does the TV use a standby/instant on feature? If so disable that then when you turn it on does it get internet immediately?
Message 2 of 6
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Goretech,

I just wanted to check in and see if your issue has been resolved.

Please let us know. :]

- Jason N

Message 3 of 6
Goretech
Guide

After testing the TV with no quick power settings on, and changing the ethernet cable, and updating software/firmware, it is still an issue. I even hooked my old router back up without changing anything else and it works fine.

Furthermore, I tried to use my Brother allinone today to scan (it prints fine), and it can't connect to the scanner.  When looking at Network Map in DumaOS it says printer is offline even though I can print to it.  

One should not have all these issues, so I am taking it back today.  I gave it a good try I think but I've spent to much time on something that should just work.

Message 4 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I would advise holding off on returning it so soon - I'm sure you have at least another week left to return it and you've only tried one suggestion.

I would highly recommend logging in here: http://support.netgear.com/ and contacting Netgear's 24/7 support line and they should be able to help you. If not then they can escalate it to the Development team to be worked on/fixed.
Message 5 of 6
Goretech
Guide

I got a Linksys wrt32x and since I have a killer nic in my gaming PC, it is great.   It fixed my tv issue too. Its 33% off right now, so saved a $100 too. 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7