× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Issues with the Nighthawk Pro Gaming Public Firmware v1.0.1.10 (XR700)

-Donovan-
Luminary

Issues with the Nighthawk Pro Gaming Public Firmware v1.0.1.10 (XR700)

Long time user of Netduma OS and DumaOS, I have a Netduma R1 and I just upgraded my XR500 for a XR700. I was testing the lastest Nighthawk Pro Gaming Public Firmware v1.0.1.10 (XR700) and I already noticed few issues:

1) Dashboard is freezing when you play with the size of the window browser. For example, the Geo-Filter Map, Network Snapshot, Network Overview, or any R-App with an animation will freeze or will not display the animation until you refresh the browser.

2) The WAN Port doesn’t run my Internet Gigabit speed up to 940Mbps/50Mbps. When I performed a speedtest, the download speed reach around 500-650Mbps with or without QoS “On” and the CPU Usage is at 100% on all 4 cores with the XR700.

On my XR500, I was able to reach easily my Gigabit speed with or without QoS “On” and the 2 cores were never remained capped at 100% of the CPU Usage during the full speedtest.

So I decide to test the 10G SFP+ port on my XR700 with a SFP+ module of Netgear AGM734-10000s 1000BASE-T. I was surprise to see that I was able reach easily the 960Mbps/60Mbps and the CPU Usage is around 80% on 1 core only and not the 4 cores.

Why does the WAN port perform badly compare to the SFP+ port?

3) Factory Reset with the physical button on device will not reset correctly the initial setup but if you do the factory reset inside the DumaOS with the “Erase” button, it will load all the page for the setup without any freezing loading pages or any error messages.

My new purchase of a XR700 and an SFP+ module was very expensive and I’m kinda annoyed to see all those problems…

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Re: Issues with the Nighthawk Pro Gaming Public Firmware v1.0.1.10 (XR700)

Hey, I replied to this on the Netduma forums since you posted the same thing: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/28278-new-xr700-firmware-version-v10110/page/2/?tab=comments#comment...

Message 2 of 4
-Donovan-
Luminary

It's okay I understand but I prefered to post my issues on both forum to inform Netgear and Netduma.

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

I'll be checking into this as well. I responded over on the beta forum with questions. 

I'll load mine up this weekend and help confirm these issues. 

One thing I notice is that the UI is terribly slow when loading. Sure would like to see some improvement here. Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7