× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Just purchased XR700

XSlashDashX
Tutor

Just purchased XR700

Hello! I've just got in the mail the XR700 model Netgear and this thing is sweet looking, (haha)

Anyways my hardline to PC is getting full speed. My package is 400/20.

Now when I try to do wifi over ps4 i'm only seeing like 44/50 down and other times will be 160/190 down. I can put my phone next to the ps4 and do speed test and get achieve almost 400 down on my phone connected to wifi. I haven't messed with settings much since I've only owned the device for couple hours. Just seeing what yall opinions are right now. I do have 2.4 and 5ghz on and not set to auto. I believe I turned off QoS. I will probably play with the settings more and see what I can get out of. Been watching John Glasscock I think his name on YouTube. I think he has some pointers I need to try.

Model: XR700| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Just purchased XR700

I wouldn't be too confident in game console wifi adapters. Can be very flaky. 

Gaming consoles are preferred to be wired. 

If wired speeds are good and a mobile device speeds are good as well. Then wireless should be fine. 

Message 2 of 5
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

As Furry said, it's probably the quality of the Wifi chip in the device you're testing with. If wired speeds are good, and wireless speeds are maxed out on devices with great WiFi chips, like mobile phones, then all signs point to it just being the quality of the wireless on the device you're testing with.

Message 3 of 5
XSlashDashX
Tutor

Gotcha! I'll keep that in mind when I get off work and mess with the XR700 some more. But so far so good.

Message 4 of 5
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Nice one. Let us know how you get on 🙂

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7