× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: LAN Port vs LED Port Light

rckrz6
Guide

The instructions show port 1 being next to the wan/internet port, it will.get sorted out through a firmware update or a sticker
Message 26 of 32
Killhippie
Prodigy

A sticker on a router that costs £239/$300. I really hope not as thats feels pretty insulting. I still think as time goes on a firmware update is looking less and less likey as Netgear would have wanted this fixed asap and if it was something they could do it would have been done by now.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 27 of 32
XRaptor29
Luminary

I doubt they see is as urgent. If it was causing performance issues then it would be urgent, but since it's just cosmetic I doubt they're in any rush. I'm sure the main priority for them is making sure the router is running right on their firmware and pushing more Duma OS features out right now since the R1 router is about to get the Duma OS update and it offers a lot more features since Duma owns that router unlike this one where Netgear has to approve everything first.
Message 28 of 32
Killhippie
Prodigy

I would not hold your breath for firmware, from what I know the LED's are probably hard coded to the PCB and cant be changed with firmware, you can alter blink rate etc but phyiscally changing the LED's to match up with the back is tbh very unlikely. I think the back was just printed the wrong way round and at some point new hardware will arrive that will be fixed by having the ports the same way round as most other Netgear Nighthawk routers which have port 1 next to the WAN port.

Message 29 of 32
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Everyone,

I was informed by my internal team:

“Yes, it’s our determination that it was a miss in the QA process that resulted in cosmetic defect. It indeed does not have impact on product performance.”

- Jason N

Message 30 of 32
YoDaDDY
Guide

Will they be giving "cosmetic defect" refunds or exchanges?   I for one would have greatly apprcieated a swap out!

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 31 of 32
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Everyone,

Please DM us for further communications on this. Thank you! :]

- Jason N

Message 32 of 32
Discussion stats
  • 31 replies
  • 13 kudos