× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Lease expires causing internet to disconnect for a few seconds every 24hrs

beeballinb70
Guide

Lease expires causing internet to disconnect for a few seconds every 24hrs

This started about 5 weeks ago. Lease expires & internet disconnects for a few seconds every 24 hrs, ethernet & wifi. Im stumped, why would this suddenly start happening? I even changed from arris 8200 to a new nighthawk cm1200 modem; still happens/no change. I have spectrum ultra 400 internet & my speeds are constant at 480 gbps, ethernet or wifi connected. I’ll take any suggestions & appreciate it. Thank you
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
beeballinb70
Guide

Re: Lease expires causing internet to disconnect for a few seconds every 24hrs

I decided to just buy the nighthawk xr700. Zero disconnects & everything is running better than ever.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 13

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

You might talk to your ISP and see what there policy is on lease time with the modem and there ISP services. 

What FW are you using on the XR router? 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

@beeballinb70 wrote:
This started about 5 weeks ago. Lease expires & internet disconnects for a few seconds every 24 hrs, ethernet & wifi. Im stumped, why would this suddenly start happening? I even changed from arris 8200 to a new nighthawk cm1200 modem; still happens/no change. I have spectrum ultra 400 internet & my speeds are constant at 480 gbps, ethernet or wifi connected. I’ll take any suggestions & appreciate it. Thank you

Message 2 of 13
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

I don't believe there is a way to change the default lease time, but I remember there is an option under Administration allowing you to change the time at which the lease resets. You could move it to early in the morning when you're not using the connection.

Message 3 of 13
beeballinb70
Guide

What does FW mean?
I called my isp spectrum, and was told by the representative that was above his paygrade, when i asked if they could change my lease time/help with my issue.
Also, I haven’t done a reset to factory condition. I was trying to avoid that... but I’ll try that when i get home in a few days.
Thxs
Message 4 of 13
beeballinb70
Guide

Hmmmm.. i’ve searched under administration countless times on my xr500... I haven’t seen anything that would let me choose a time for the lease. I did release the lease & renew it a few times under connection status.. but that didn’t stop my issue at all.
Ty
Message 5 of 13
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you please give a static/reserved IP to some of your devices to start with and see if they sustain a connection when others don't please?
Message 6 of 13
beeballinb70
Guide

When i get home I will try a factory reset first. If that doesn’t work. I will try this.
my dad’s xr500 works perfectly with his internet, zero disconnects.. & it is updated current version.
Ty
Message 7 of 13
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could be a faulty router but we'll have to investigate further. Keep us updated.
Message 8 of 13
beeballinb70
Guide

I will
Appreciate all the ideas 💡
Message 9 of 13
Rick6922
Luminary

DHCP lease time is in LAN setup, but thats not the problem its the fw or router, downgrade the fw to a earlier one , if that doesnt work contact support and get a new router. read the older post. this is a common problem with the NG gaming routers and the guys thats answering your questions no's this.

Model: A6150|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi USB Mini Adapter, XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 10 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

FW = Firmware

@beeballinb70 wrote:
What does FW mean?
I called my isp spectrum, and was told by the representative that was above his paygrade, when i asked if they could change my lease time/help with my issue.
Also, I haven’t done a reset to factory condition. I was trying to avoid that... but I’ll try that when i get home in a few days.
Thxs

Message 11 of 13
beeballinb70
Guide

I decided to just buy the nighthawk xr700. Zero disconnects & everything is running better than ever.
Message 12 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. 

@beeballinb70 wrote:

Message 13 of 13
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 11 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7