× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Looking for a router with DumaOS

user41018
Aspirant

Looking for a router with DumaOS

Hello,
I'm looking for a router with DumaOS,
The only one I've found was the XR500.

Which others have DumaOS and do all have the version 3.0?
Message 1 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

So the routers that have DumaOS are as follows:

XR300 (DumaOS 2.0)
XR450 (DumaOS 3.0)
XR500 (DumaOS 3.0)
XR700 (No longer sold, DumaOS 3.0 beta)
XR1000 (DumaOS 3.0)

Then we (Netduma) have:
Netduma R1 (No longer sold, DumaOS 3.0)
Netduma R2 (DumaOS 3.0 with the most features of any 3.0 router)

Also if you live in Australia and have Telstra as your internet provider you can get DumaOS in the form of Game Optimiser.
Message 2 of 9
user41018
Aspirant

Awesome thank you for the answers.
What differentiates the R2 from XR500 or XR1000?
I'm a tech guy so you can rain some Infos on me.
Message 3 of 9
user41018
Aspirant

I signed up on Netduma and it seems like your "Verification Emails" aren't being sent at all. 3 times I've resent the email and nothing arrives into my inbox YES also not in my spam folder or any other folder.

This doesn't give me a good feeling when something that's so easy causes your company trouble to fix or even test before deploying.

Message 4 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you take a look here you can compare the hardware of the 500 to the 1000: https://www.netgear.com/uk/home/online-gaming/ and the tech specs for the R2 are here: https://netduma.com/order/netduma-r2/#tab-additional_information

Basically though we recommend the R2 if you care about the software more and the XR range if you care about hardware more. Main difference between the 500 vs 1000 is AC vs AX WiFi.

What is the username on the forum you've signed up with? 99% of users have no issues with signing up but I can approve it for you manually. Also the forum is using popular forum software, not something we've written personally, we save our devs for the router software.
Message 5 of 9
user41018
Aspirant

My network is little more complicated.

And I've bought the R2 and I'm waiting for it to arrive 🙂

I live with my parents and my aunt (my aunt has a separate entry) and therefore a pretty thick wall between her appartment she's renting from um and our house, like her appartment is a mini house connected to big house.

I have a Fritzbox 7430 35B modem+router that is in the basement/cellar, it has Wlan disabled and is used only as a bridge for the internet.

I have also two TP-Link TL-WR841N routers used as access points, one is in my room the other one is in the living room.

The setup now is as follows:

My Room:

- Gaming Phone (Rog phone 5) (TPLink WLAN)

- Old S10 Phone (TPLink WLAN)

- Tablet (TPLink WLAN)

- Mini PC connected to a TV (TPLink WLAN)

- Gaming PC (Fritzbox LAN)

Living Room (parents)

- 2 Phones

- 2 Tablets

- 2 laptops

- Android TV

- Smart Watch

Aunts appartment:

- phone

- tablet

- laptop

Cellar:
- Raspberry Pi 4 mini dev server

So it's total of 17 devices using the internet.

The TP Link access points (routers) are connected to the fritzbox with my gaming PC and the RPI4 dev server.

My idea is to use the Fritzbox as a bridge only and connect ONLY the R2 to it, then the access points would be connected to the R2 and all my devices in "My Room". Then I would make 90% bandwidth cap and give 20% bandwidth to each access point for my parents and aunts devices.

Is that a good idea?

Fritzbox > Netduma R2 > Access Point (Parents 8 devices) + Access Point (Aunts 3 devices) + all my devices

Message 6 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Great to hear that, based on your setup that would be what I would suggest as well so you'll get the stability and range the TP WiFi gives you while benefiting from the R2 features.
Message 7 of 9
user41018
Aspirant

Ok thanks, so it's actually beneficial to use Accesspoints to offload the R2 with maintaining the connections etc?

Message 8 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Not necessarily for that purpose but for WiFi purposes (range/strength) I think they would be better suited than the R2 WiFi
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7