× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Losing WiFi internet for all connected devices with my main pc still connected to internet

Shahatey
Follower

Losing WiFi internet for all connected devices with my main pc still connected to internet

This is the worse router I have had in my life. Constant internet drop outs (and I mean at least twice a week for the past 2 years since a bought my xr500, sometimes even more often) , unable to login through nighthawk app, losing WiFi internet for all connected devices with my main pc still connected to internet,...
So many issues with it, that I'm thinking finally giving up and smashing the thing against the wall. I'm not in position to fork out $300 again for a router. Never again will I buy this brand.
Cherry on top is now "logon timed out..."
What a poor excuse for a technology that cost this much.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Losing WiFi internet for all connected devices with my main pc still connected to internet

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Has this worked for you for the NH app? 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/Nighthawk-app-not-connecting-but-Wi-Fi-works-gt-Try-T...

If not please submit a bug report:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/How-to-report-a-bug-on-the-Nighthawk-App/td-p/2134684...

Message 2 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Losing WiFi internet for all connected devices with my main pc still connected to internet

Very good advice/questions above, the more information provided the quicker/more likely we'll be able to get you sorted
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

If they haven't smashed there router yet. 🙄

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7