× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Low Speedtest and high Ping XR500 packetloss

banderasflow
Aspirant

Low Speedtest and high Ping XR500 packetloss

Hello,

first sorry for my bad english.

I buy a XR500, i have a 100k Router and with my Router i always get 80/mbs with the XR500 i got 8-10/mbs.

I have the newest Update i reset the Router, i do a factory Reset, nothing changed. 

I turn Geo Filter off, same. And it feels that the Geo dont work, i put it from germany 1000km radius, but it down feels that i change something.

And i got every game or every 3rd Game huge packetloss. 

I buy the Router to get some better connections, but i still have more probelms as before.

Maybe i have to do some settings i dont know.

i appreciate the help

edit: its connected with LAN.  and Qos is off

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 9
petterpan
Aspirant

I just had the same issue with my XR700, think its related to the DHCP issue that have seperat topic here on the forum.

Try manully set DNS server to 8.8.8.8 in router internet config menu, it solved the packet loss for me but still have problem that some of my clients is getting invalid ip settings.

Hope there will be a fix for this soon as its a big problem.

Message 2 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

How have you disabled QoS exactly? Have you input the speeds you expect? Did the router show the speeds you pay for during the Setup Wizard speed test?

What makes you think the Geo-Filter doesn't work exactly?
Message 3 of 9
banderasflow
Aspirant

I put the congestion control on ''never'' and i disabled traffic prioritization. 

my conecction benchmark is really bad, also on night, its 03:20 and with the XR500 i got 10MB and without 80.

i dont know i dont even can see a diffrence to the geo filter and ping assist. i play call of duty and i die very much time because the enemys are seeing me earlier. its the same with the xr500, ping isnt better, and i put the radius on germany somtimes to 500km up to 1500km, i still get bad conecction and i play with guys from india and the arab emirates. no every time but almost i get some of there in my lobby. and if i put the geo to inida i cant find nothing, seems it works, but not like it have to work. 

how i can change the dhcp? i cant find a setting just one to get dhcp from router or not but nothing that i can change. 

i cant explain that, i was so happy about the xr500 and i have just worser internet than before. i hope is just a setting problem...

Message 4 of 9
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

The XR500 is only getting 11mbps from the modem, do you have any other devices connected to the modem or does everything run through the XR500?

Could you please send a screenshot of your Geo-filter setup and we'll see what we think is wrong with it.

DHCP settings can be found in the Network Settings! 

Message 5 of 9
banderasflow
Aspirant

Only the XR500 and 2 iPhones are on the Main Router connected.

The Ping on Geo Filter i testet from 1 to 50 all, still the same. 

yesterday was so bad, i had 70% packetloss and 300ms Ping, i have 1000h of playtime on CallofDuty and this never happend before, i really have more laggs with this router. i think i will send it back to amazon........ im sad, maybe a netduma r2 are better than this one i dont know ....

Message 6 of 9
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Could you please try disconnecting the XR from the modem and if possible connect a laptop or PC to it in the same port, then run a speedtest and see what speeds you get.

Message 7 of 9
banderasflow
Aspirant

past to 60 and in the night i got 10-20 more than 60, with xr i got 10 

Message 8 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Disable QoS completely by clicking the 3 line option menu on Anti-Bufferbloat. Are you testing your speeds anywhere else other than Connection Benchmark? We're still working on improving the speeds reported there. What does speedtest.net say? There aren't any servers in India unfortunately so your ping will be high as you will have to force other countries as you've noticed. I would suggest ALL devices be connected to the XR otherwise it can't control the network as efficiently and those devices will also pull speed away from the router. Where are you measuring the packet loss and ping? What is the model of your modem?
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7