× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Lower bandwidth than i should receive. Please help

Kianmd
Tutor

Lower bandwidth than i should receive. Please help

On friday morning, I woke up and my internet was not working. The LEDs on my xr500 router were all lit as was the LEDs on my modem however the internet connection was not working at all. I since restarted both my modem and router separately but now my speeds have dropped drastically. I was getting ~60mbps download and ~20mbps upload but not im only getting ~20mbps down and 0.5 up. I know this isn't my ISPs fault as I have reverted back to the router they provide for now and i am back to receiving the original speeds, which means that is is an issue with my netgear hardware.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Lower bandwidth than i should receive. Please help

1. What modem are you using? Firmware on it? do you have a screen capture of the connections page and log? (post as a link as photos can take a couple days to show)

2. XR500, what firmare on it?

3. If you've save the routers configuration (backup), you could just do a reset of both devices in case something was corrupted overnight (power surge, etc) and see if this resolves it.  A backup just makes resetting up easier. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7