× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Mac filtering issue XR1000

Andriuzz
Aspirant

Mac filtering issue XR1000

Hello,

I'm trying to connect a new Epson printer via WiFi to the network and it seems that every 1 min it gets disconnected for a few seconds and comes back up after. 
I managed to get an error from the printer and it says that the problem is with MAC filtering from the router side, but I can't find any related setting on the XR1000 router ( I even reserved specific IP for this printer - still no go) 

Can you advise on how can I proceed to fix it?

Info:

Firmware Version 1.0.0.64_1.0.49

DumaOS Version 3.1.1

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are you using Smart Connect for WiFi? If so I suspect that is actually the issue. In which case disable Smart Connect and connect it specifically to 2.4GHz, does it work correctly then?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are you using Smart Connect for WiFi? If so I suspect that is actually the issue. In which case disable Smart Connect and connect it specifically to 2.4GHz, does it work correctly then?
Message 2 of 6
Andriuzz
Aspirant

Yes, I'm using Smart Connect - it appears your advice was correct. When I disabled SC - the printer started to work like a charm. 

Is this will be fixed on the next firmware upgrade? For me, using SC over 2 different networks (2.4 and GHz) is better.

Or is this problem with the printer side and should I ask Epson support about this?

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

It would be on the printer side of it not being able to connect with SC is enabled. The router provides the platform to connect too. It's up to the connecting devices to pick and choose there they connect. If they don't have dual band support then they should connect to the 2.4Ghz radio with out problems. Some seem to have problems with SC though.

Message 4 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

As above it's not something we can fix, some devices, particularly older devices and more likely printers and TVs have trouble with switching automatically between 2.4/5GHz. A workaround could be to re-enable Smart Connect and use it for all your other devices, enable guest WiFi for 2.4GHz, enable the option for it to communicate with other LAN devices, disable the broadcast of that WiFi and use it specifically for the printer.
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Another option would be to ethernet connect the printer to the router...If it has a ethernet port.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7