× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Major issues

Billybudz420
Apprentice

Major issues

I'm having major issues. wifi keeps dropping or devices connected say no internet. sometimes 5ghz doesn't work not allowing anytjing to connect. The other issue is port forwarding for xbox... its doesn't work neither does dmz.....all these issues weren't there for 1yr or more and now even after hard reset not working
Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Major issues

Which router are you using? Are you using Smart Connect? How are you determining the NAT status? What is your physical setup?
Message 2 of 4
Billybudz420
Apprentice

I'm using the xr500.... I using my Xbox it's strict nat and will not change for port to the ones I forward. That connection is wired and the wifi has smart connect turned of.... set up is modem to router..... comcast gig speed things have been working..... devices connect tonwifi but say no internet yet the xbox still works
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What is the comcast modem? Does it provide WiFi or is it a pure modem? If you give some of the WiFi devices reserved IPs in LAN Settings does that stop them disconnecting?
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7