× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Moderate Nat type in warzone with XR500

Ricksta72
Guide

Moderate Nat type in warzone with XR500

Hi i have a moderate nat type in warzone but my ps5 has an open nat type 2, my xr500 is connected to my bt homehub and is in its DMZ, ive tried portforwarding the game ports, ive tried putting nat filtering to open on my XR500, i have also put my console in the DMZ of the XR500, could it be an issue with my running 2 routers? And anything else i could try that may help?

Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Re: Moderate Nat type in warzone with XR500

The issue may simply be that you have all of those settings enabled at once. I would suggest removing port forwarding rules and remove you console from the XR DMZ. Disable UPnP such that you only have the XR in the BT DMZ, I'd also suggest setting a static IP to the XR while you're there. Once this is all done, reboot both router and then boot your PS5 and check you NAT type.

Message 2 of 6
Ricksta72
Guide

Ok i will try that, noob question but how do you give static ip to the XR router? I have given static ip to my console in the XR Settings but when i try give the static ip in the ps5 settings i get a connection error, so i have to leave my ps5 ip address settings on automatic for it to connect
Message 3 of 6
Ricksta72
Guide

Wait i just realised you mean give the XR a static IP on my bt hub, correct?
Message 4 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes that's right, copy the WAN IP from the XR System Information page and then set that IP as static/reserved on the BT hub
Message 5 of 6
Ricksta72
Guide

Thanks i will give this a go
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7