× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My R7000 cant connect to the internet

christynchee
Aspirant

My R7000 cant connect to the internet

Hello,

Out of the blues on a perfect warm summers day, my Nighthawk router decided "huh, what a great day to rebel againt my owner." Yes, I lost all connection to my wifi, even xfinity was like "I can't help bruh, you need to contact netgear on your own," as my internet is working perfectly fine throught the modem and wired. I've tried everything to my knowledge from power cycling, factory hard reset and what not, and I am not able to reconnect. Even when I try going into routerlogin.net it says "You may not be connected to your Router’s WiFi network. To access routerlogin.com, your device must be connected to your Router’s WiFi network. Check your current connection and try again." NetGear genie can't bibbidi bobbidi boo my wifi back to life. 

So, what can I do? I bought this router in April I think or Febuary in hopes to be a better gamer and make it to the pro leauges but such a dream shall be put on hold till my wifi is restored.

I need help, is what I am saying basically. It was working fine before, all connected. Even with the factory reset I am not able to reconnect.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 9
Moccamaster1231
Aspirant

Re: My R7000 cant connect to the internet

Wow, this is beyond the problems that many have experienced with this router, including myself. When my R7000 went down I would just power it off and it would come back up. Many have reported having problems with the .88 firmware which was when my problems started, but your router sounds like it crashed. Really sorry to hear that. It should still be under warranty, have you contacted Netgear support? I plan to change router brands as soon as I can, a little strapped for cash to do it at this time.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 2 of 9
plemans
Guru

What are the led's doing? (all of them, color/solid/blinking)

Can you hardwire into the device instead of connecting via wifi?

What firmware are you on?

Message 3 of 9
christynchee
Aspirant

Oooff, my warrenty just ran out and to get customer support, I would need to pay extra. However, I am also considering a new router since with all the problems I have researched about. 

Message 4 of 9
plemans
Guru

If you purchased it in febuary your 90 days of free support has expired but not the 1 year warranty. Not saying the 90 days of support is great as usually the community can help more. Unless you bought it used/refurbished, then your warranty might be in question. 

If your power led is on, thats a good sign. Most people can recover it via tftp if thats on and they can hardwire into the router. 

Here's how to do it on windows. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

and turning on tftp within windows. 

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/enable-tftp-windows-10

Message 5 of 9
christynchee
Aspirant

the lights are solid but teh connectivity lights are orange, firmware, I'm not quite sure and I have tried to connect it through wire, not working.

Message 6 of 9
christynchee
Aspirant

tried that and it did not work, the connection light is still orange and my laptop says cable not connected which it is.

Message 7 of 9
plemans
Guru

What are all the lights going? not just one?

red/amber/green/off, blinking/solid

And did you follow the instructions exactly? If you miss a step, type something wrong, it won't work. 

And you enabled tftp? You're using windows 10?

Message 8 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You may want to post this here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk as well so you get more responses as this is the NPG range of routers community.
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series