× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: My XR1000 is only getting half of the speed it should be.

Applewood1983
Initiate

My XR1000 is only getting half of the speed it should be.

My XR1000 is only getting half of the speed it should be. I should be getting 100 mps and have been for several months. It suddenly dropped to half of that continuously. I updated the router thinking it may be the issue and I'm still having the same issue. Internet provider tech came out and everything is good on their end. Speeds at the modem show 100mps. Not sure what to do.
Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Where are you testing the speeds exactly and how via WiFi or ethernet? What are your QoS settings?
Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

Message 3 of 6
Applewood1983
Initiate

Thanks for the reply. Just now getting to see this due to crazy work hours today. I will get this info as soon as I can and reply with it.
Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@Applewood1983 wrote:
My XR1000 is only getting half of the speed it should be. I should be getting 100 mps and have been for several months. It suddenly dropped to half of that continuously. I updated the router thinking it may be the issue and I'm still having the same issue. Internet provider tech came out and everything is good on their end. Speeds at the modem show 100mps. Not sure what to do.

Message 5 of 6
Spandex
Tutor

I had this problem my good man and it confused the hell out of me for ages until i looked on the device management section and clicked on the 3 bars top left and changed it from tree to table which shows the speed of the cable you are using to connect that device, the cable had gone faulty and was only registering 100mbits which should have been 1000mbits so the speed was then restricted due to that, a cable swap out solved it, hope that helps.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7