× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My Xr500 router and its adaptor isnt working since February And no replacement haven't done yet

Jatt33
Aspirant

My Xr500 router and its adaptor isnt working since February And no replacement haven't done yet

My case number since February
are 44205291,44555330,44582990 now new case is 44661064..
My xr500 router adaptor isnt working .. here in india customer care executives said they dont have adaptor then after few calls they said they will replace product with similar price range router( one of supervisor vipul aryan) then they stop replying and said they dont have any supervisor with this name... i face same problem last year as well then they replace router after 5 months.. since i purchased router almost 1 year i spent in replacement..is this service customer get? I feel like i took wrong decision choosing netgear.. no body is willing to help .. customer executive put me on hold for like 20 mins every time and waste like 45mins everytime in call them.. i made almost 80 plus calls.. but my problem hasnt sort out yet...
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6

Re: My Xr500 router and its adaptor isnt working since February And no replacement haven't done

@Jatt33 wrote:
My case number since February
are 44205291,44555330,44582990 now new case is 44661064..

This isn't the place to contact Netgear. This community is essentially a user-to-user venue with some input from a small band of Netgear techies.

Most of the answers come from fellow users who have no connection with Netgear. They just have a lot of collective experience and are familiar with the sort of problems that turn up here.

If you want "official" support then you should go through the right channels.

Contact Us | Support | NETGEAR

@Jatt33 wrote:
My xr500 router adaptor isnt working ..

Netgear does not sell replacement power adapters. Any generic adapter will work, as long as it has the right volts, enough amps and a tip with the right (+/-) polarity and dimensions. Try the usual on-line stores.

Message 2 of 6
Jatt33
Aspirant

Re: My Xr500 router and its adaptor isnt working since February And no replacement haven't done

Any power adapter will work? Why then customer service didnt say so?
And is this netgear have reputation cant provide a adapter for a router which cost around 250usd dollor.. even when i said i will purchase adaptor.. they said they dont have adaptor available.. i purchased router thought tht netgear have a good name.. but my experience isnt good..its horrible .. they give 2 times faulty router and took almost 10 month in replacement..
Message 3 of 6

@Jatt33 wrote:
Any power adapter will work? Why then customer service didnt say so?

I have no idea. Ask them.

These are common devices.

The manual for the XR500 will tell you the specifications for your adapter. There is even a label on the thing with the information you need.

Message 4 of 6
Jatt33
Aspirant

My router is under warranty.. its common sense to use warranty.. after All its not a cheap product.
Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

As mentioned above, if you can find a power adapter that has the same connector and the same voltage you can use that and it will work fine. You could take the current adapter you have, take it to a tech shop and as for one like it and they should be able to find you one easily and won't be too expensive
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7