× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My cell phone takes 5-10 minutes to send simple pictures when the wifi is connected

motherfer
Aspirant

My cell phone takes 5-10 minutes to send simple pictures when the wifi is connected

My cell phone takes 5-10 minutes to send simple pictures when the wifi is connected. They happen almost instantaneously when not. I read some forums that stated that disbabled the Geo-Filter would fix the issue, but the plugin won't load. The error I get is "This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute."

I am on the latest available Firmware, this is ridiculous for an XR1000 router.

Please provide any assistance you can, or a piece of hardware that isn't a piece of junk.

Thanks,

Chris

Message 1 of 5

Re: My cell phone takes 5-10 minutes to send simple pictures when the wifi is connected

@motherfer wrote:

Please provide any assistance you can, or a piece of hardware that isn't a piece of junk.

You have joined in on an existing conversation that may or may not have anything to do with your problems.

There is also a good chance that the official support team is busily monitoring new conversations and may miss your addition to this one.

If you do want help with your problem, check previous stuff that may be related then start your own discussion.

If you do decide to ask a question, you should provide more details and your own version of the information that the forum suggests that you provide. For example, as this is a router, it helps to know what modem you are using and the various things that you have tried to fix the problem.

As to "the latest available Firmware," There are various ways of checking the firmware, some of them are not reliable. As we know from previous conversations here, the only way to confirm that is with the number.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: My cell phone takes 5-10 minutes to send simple pictures when the wifi is connected

What cell phone do you have? 

What OS is loaded on it? 

Does this happen on other phones or devices? 

Be sure that any MAC ADDRESS randomizers are disabled on any phone or pad while at home:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-p/222...

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

How do you have Basic and Advanced Wireless settings configured? 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch with a wired PC and web browser. Recommend setting the default DHCP IP address pool range to the following after applying and a factory reset: 192.168.#.100 to 192.168.#.200.
https://kb.netgear.com/24089/How-do-I-specify-the-pool-of-IP-addresses-assigned-by-my-Nighthawk-rout...

@motherfer wrote:

My cell phone takes 5-10 minutes to send simple pictures when the wifi is connected. They happen almost instantaneously when not. I read some forums that stated that disbabled the Geo-Filter would fix the issue, but the plugin won't load. The error I get is "This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute."

Thanks,

Chris

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@motherfer wrote:

Thanks,

Chris

Message 4 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The Geo-Filter causing it would only apply if you've added the phone to it, unless you're a mobile gamer there wouldn't be a need to do that. To get the feature loading though, go to the System Information page and then in the Rapp panel menu ≡ change the retries to 5, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes before accessing and see if it works then please.

What are your QoS settings? That's most likely the cause for the slow uploads.
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7