× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: My nighthawk XR300 will not connect to the internet

MIkey81
Aspirant

My nighthawk XR300 will not connect to the internet

I am trying to connect my new router Netgear Nighthawk XR300.  The router can be detected, but the internet continues to light up orange/red.  I have my regular internet i am able to connect to but i bought this to have abetter connection in the house.  PLEASE INEED HELP IMMEDIATELY

Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What is your ISP/modem that you're using? Do you know if you require PPPoE or VLAN in order to get a connection? You could copy the settings from your previous router and enter them into the XR and that will likely get you connected. When you went through the Setup Wizard on the XR300 (which is required to do before it will allow the internet) did it not detect it?
Message 2 of 6
MIkey81
Aspirant

This tech stuff is so confusing. I have directv and what looks like a bridge modem behind the main TV. I’m just so lost and confused.
Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

See my response above in order to provide me with some extra information and if possible see if my suggestion will resolve the issue.
Message 4 of 6
MIkey81
Aspirant

It detected the modem but would never connect to internet. I’m too exhausted to try right now but will later. I’m just not a tech savvy guy
Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay let us know please and I'm sure we'll be able to get you sorted.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7