× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NEED HELP! - Configure

0gcrs
Follower

NEED HELP! - Configure

Hello!
Just purchased router - 3 items connected wirelessly (tablet, phones) - and an Xbox, hardwired. Problem that I am having, is that I can’t tell if the GeoMapping is working for my Xbox. Went to GeoMapping - adjusted settings to a pre-set, in hopes of better gaming and lower PING - but cannot tell if it’s working. No data in live-time - cannot track if I am joining games with the pre-sets designated. Also, I am not getting allow/deny notifications when joining a host or server. The only platform that I use for FPS is Xbox, and I prefer to have the majority of my connection is dedicated to that.

Is there something I can do on my end that I am missing, to see these settings/data? Any help to configure would be greatly appreciated!

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Re: NEED HELP! - Configure

Firstly, make sure that you've added your Xbox to the Geo-Filter devices panel above the map. If the Xbox appears twice, this is because there are separate connections for Wired and Wireless. To differentiate, you should go to the Device Manager, choose the one that's currently connected, and give it a unique name. Add this one to the Geo-Fitler.

Once the device is added, there are two modes. Spectating mode will show all servers and peers on the map as you connect to them. You can use this to see where you are being connected to, and find out what the ping to various servers around the world is.

Filtering Mode will block any servers outside of the radius you've set on the map. You can also set a Ping Assist value, which will allow any servers around the world that meet your ping requirements.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7