× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NETGEAR/NetDuma, The Silence is Deafening..

Hate
Apprentice

NETGEAR/NetDuma, The Silence is Deafening..

Absolutely no response from either party about all these LAN port disconnect issues. Not even with a NETGEAR Support ticket, I got an initial response but nothing since.

Still only one joke of a VPN Client we can use.

Maybe once all these refunds from early-access users [that paid] (yet this router was released one year ago) start going through, something will ,hopefully, be done.

I too, will be refunding prior to my 2 weeks.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 10
Hate
Apprentice

Something is clearly wrong with this router. Pings for servers in CoD were testing at around 20-30 ms last night, this morning 60-80. Rebooting the router, the same servers are back down to 20-30 right now. 

Clearly something is clogging up the router that we can't see. Not much of a gaming router since you need to reboot it EVERY 24 hours.

Message 2 of 10
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Hi there - a few comments / suggestions:

1. Have you posted on the Netduma forum too? Please link to the thread if so as it might be easier for me to help you there
  2. As for speeds, it's hard to know the reason this is happening until we've ruled out software being the cause. Could you follow this guide please and it will make sure DumaOS is not restricting your speeds: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000076586-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-spee...
  3. What modem do you have?
  4. Do you have the Case ID from NETGEAR? I can contact NETGEAR to chase a response for you.

Thanks

Message 3 of 10
UnknownSith
Apprentice

Mine was also ignored on this forum by netgear support and netduma support! Then posted on the netduma forum and ignored there also. Although forum members commented its not support from the manufactures for an expensive product that’s clearly having issues. I too will have to return mine if the next update doesn’t fix my xr500! not only for the issue I’m having but for poor support since asking for help!

Message 4 of 10
smitheram
Guide

I agree with everyone on here the firmware updates are few and far between for a router with many issues. I too have found the Netgear support lacking compared to ASUS and am now begining to regret selling my RT-AC88U. Also the VPN Service and Client is severly lacking option wise. Going to give it about two more weeks then unfortunatly it will be returned. Shame really showed much promise!

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 5 of 10
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

@UnknownSith

Hey there - could you link me to your thread on the Netduma forum please? We reply to everyone, so I will investigate where it got to.

If you would still like help, let us know over there and we will assist. Thanks!

Message 6 of 10
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Hybrid VPN is coming which offers a LOT more functionality to the VPN Client area. If you can hold on to try this out I think you will be impressed.

Message 7 of 10
UnknownSith
Apprentice

Message 8 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

We played last nite and again we got disconnected a few times. My team are all using various different routers and modems and all experienced the same thing. This is a BO4 issue. Not a router issue. 

@UnknownSith wrote:
http://forum.netduma.com/topic/26888-black-ops-4-in-game-disconnects/

Message 9 of 10
Alaric55
Tutor

Yes, I heard that since March, but only from you guys at NetDuma.
But there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING from Netgear. Not a word, no explanation what is taking so long and NO interest in the customers that actually bought the router!
It's like Netgear not eve care as long as they sold the device.
And stupid ansvers like "We support HMA" when you ask how you install the IPVanish client!
Who cares when it's not what I asked for and when IPVanish is listed in the manual?
Netgear support sucks!
I'm too waiting for the next firmware, then I will give up and return to my old DD-WRT router.
I'm waited long enough and will claim my money back or make it a juridical question.
Netgear has not delivered what I bought.
(But they are pretty good at pissing of theire customers)

Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7