× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Need Help configuring XR500 (upnp, port forwarding to ps4 - Fifa 19 -

mitchell_11
Aspirant

Need Help configuring XR500 (upnp, port forwarding to ps4 - Fifa 19 -

Hi everyone!

Long time reader, first time posting.

I recently purchased the Netgear Nighthawk XR500 Pro Gaming router and have been very impressed so far! Love dumaOS and how everything is so smooth to use. 

So here is my issue,

I have around 90mbp download and 40 upload

I am trying to get the best possible set up for fifa 19 on my PS4 console.

It is the most frustrating thing in the world when you have in game lag and the opponent is super sharp when both in Sydney using same server. 

There are certain ports that are suggested to open for the best connection to the server.

I have read through and learnt a few things about DMZ, Upnp and port forwarding but have not had any luck. 

UPNP: This for some reason only opens one port (3659), well thats the only one that shows in the port map.

Port Forwarding: I have also tried entering each port manually however whenever i do the open port check online it ALWAYS says closed or blocked. My ISP has confirmed all are open on their end.

With the Open port checker, am i entering my routers IP or My ps4 static ID to see if the port is open (both say blocked anyway)

Have a static PS4 Ip address when i port forward and i dont port forward and Upnp at the same time, 

Just wondering if someone could help me with getting the best possible connection 🙂

Any help would be very appreciated 🙂

Mitch

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Hi Mitch - if you have an open NAT on your console's network test I wouldn't change too many settings in this area (could do more harm than good if you know what I mean!).

But I do have some suggestions:

1. Use your Ping Assist as a Ping Filter to guarantee a low ping connection - see the bottom half of this guide: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000087579--dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-pin...

2. Make sure QoS is setup optimally: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos

If you don't have Open NAT, our guide might also help:  http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000076587-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-open...

Message 2 of 4
mitchell_11
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply!

So Fifa uses a dedicated server so the ping is always showing great speeds,

with upnp off the game is horrible, with it on it is much better but not amazing, and this only shows one open port when it is suggested by EA themselves to open a handful which i have written down.

However none of these ports show as open on the open port checker websites for some reason and i have no idea why 😞

Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The open port checker websites can only check the ports for your PC, it can't check a different device if not done on it so its likely showing as blocked because you've opened it for the console. If you're concerned about ports then DMZ is the way to go.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7