× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Need Help for XR700 no 2.4/5G wifi after suddenly shutdown

fatpigpigboy
Aspirant

Need Help for XR700 no 2.4/5G wifi after suddenly shutdown

Hello to all forum members.

I really need a help now.  My XR700 suddenly shutdown and i just re-power it . After that , there were several issues:

1. There is no 2.4G / 5G wifi after re power on.  Whatever i clicked software or button .  No LED light on , no wifi signal. Only 60G wifi light on only

2. Cannot load into Duma OS Systems ( DumaOS not loaded yet!).  Whatever i upgrade or downgrade firmware , same issues.

Please advise.

Thx , P.

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Do a factory reset by holding the button down in the back of the router for 30 seconds, then let go, wait a minute then connect to the interface and do the setup wizard. Does it work properly after that?
Message 2 of 14
fatpigpigboy
Aspirant

tried , same issues.   Only can use with wired port . Wifi still no functions. DumaOS still no access.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

How are you trying to access the interface? Can you access using routerlogin.net or the LAN IP? If neither does it work if you access using routerlogin.net/adv_index.htm ? If so factory reset from there instead.
Message 4 of 14
fatpigpigboy
Aspirant

Going through routerlogin.net or lan ip will go into Dumaos not loaded yet issues.

What I can control my router are through routerlogin.net/adv_index.htm

I tries hard reset, upgrade or downgrade firmwares, enable, disabled 2.4 /5 G wifi still no luck.

Now I believe it was the wifi module are dead after suddenly shutdown.

Thanks.
Message 5 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Try upgrading the router using this method please: https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

When did these issues start?
Message 6 of 14
plemans
Guru

I know you said you hit the on/off button but it needs to be pushed and held for 2 seconds and not just clicked. 

Did you try this? 

Message 7 of 14
fatpigpigboy
Aspirant

Will give it a try, I just go outside.
Issues was happened today, my home breaker was stripped, when I reset the break and turn all the electronics on again, I found out my XR700 have issues.

Before this accident, everything are fine.
Message 8 of 14
fatpigpigboy
Aspirant

Yes, I did it. However, it only enable or disable 60Ghz wifi only.

2.4 /5 G wifi will not work on button or software enable it.
Message 9 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

So it is possible it suffered electrical damage then. If the update method I mentioned doesn't work then I would recommend trying to get a replacement under your warranty.
Message 10 of 14
fatpigpigboy
Aspirant

Tried updated firmware as you mentioned . Same issues as before. I think there is no way to work on it . You are right , could be damaged by electrical shocking or what.

So sad that NETGEAR support reply me that my products over 90 days already , they wont provide any support unless i paid for their customer services plan . 

That's all . I think my XR700 will be a expensive junk sit on my table now :((((

Thanks for helping . P.

Message 11 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'm not sure how long the warranty is but check with the retailer you used to purchased from to see if you can get it exchanged.
Message 12 of 14
Junior1323
Aspirant

I have the same issue with my router being out of warranty by 3 months. Is there no place to send these routers to get repaired? It blows my mind that a company refuses to help you after the warranty is up. I'm willing to pay whatever the repair fee is, yet they refuse that type of service. Bad business model. I'm switching to ASUS from here on out!

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 13 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Junior1323, did your issue occur after a power outage? If you disable the WiFi radios in Settings > Advanced > Advanced WiFi settings, then reboot, then go back, enable them and reboot again do they appear?

Maybe @DarrenM or @Christian_R can help.
Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7