× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Net duma geo filter

PapaLung
Apprentice

Net duma geo filter

About a week ago I noticed the server location for Microsofts dedicated ipv6 server for the western US is showing in Great Britain. I've also noticed that the ping heat map is not showing all of the warzone servers either. I've factory reset ect. and I'm pretty sure the issue is not on my end. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it? Thanks!!!
Message 1 of 15

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Re: Net duma geo filter

You should ideally have the filter enabled before you boot the game. This is because the game client searches for servers on boot, if you have filtering mode disabled it will then think that all known servers are available to it when they won't be after enabling filtering mode.

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 15

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The authentication servers like that don't really matter where they're located as you will connect to them regardless but in response to both, resync the cloud on the Geo-Filter and the Ping Heatmap pages, click the ≡ icon on each panel to do so.
Message 2 of 15
PapaLung
Apprentice

I've tried that multiple times with no changes. I'm curious if it doesn't matter, why even have a map at all? Couldn't you just have a list of servers to check mark next to depending on the ping you're looking for? It would be a lot less frustrating for people who expect certain servers in certain locations to be there and when they're not and then spend countless hours trying to troubleshoot and fix an issue that as you say "doesn't matter". Trying to keep this router running as advertised is a full time job, I just want to hop on, select an area to play in and go, but, I end up spending more time trying to get the router set up over and over than I do actually utilizing its functions, and being told that the server location doesn't matter just adds to my frustration. I use to be able to draw a sqare around where I wanted to play, turn on the filter and go, that doesn't happen anymore, it's just a constant battle to get this router to work properly. I apologize for the rant, I'm just seriously getting tired of messing with this thing. I truly appreciate your help and thank you for your response.
Message 3 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Servers like that are not game servers therefore it doesn't matter where they're located just that they are allowed, I'm not saying we won't correct it because we will but the important thing is that it has been allowed, if it wasn't then it would cause some issues. For game servers it does matter where they're located so that as you mentioned, you set your area and you get a low ping server that you expect to be there. What is actually happening, you're not getting games? We pushed another update today so give the router a reboot, wait 2 minutes then resync Ping Heatmap again and it should be working.
Message 4 of 15
PapaLung
Apprentice

Yeah, I'll select an area , turn on the filter and search for a game and it tries to connect me to servers outside of the selected area. Before I even choose an area I want to play in I make sure to close out the game, delete the games saved data, then I select an area i want to try to connect to on the map, I then start the game, load into the lobby screen, turn on the filter and search for a match. I've also done this process with the filter on and area selected while stating the game instead of waiting until it loads to the lobby screen. It makes no difference. Once I turn off the filter, it will connect to the game servers on its own, sometimes to the exact server I was trying to isolate in the beginning but not always.
Message 5 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Try this:

Quit the application/game/client completely
Remove device from the Geo-Filter
Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager (if on PC)
Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
Wait 2 minutes
Boot up application/game/client
Then see if it works.
Message 6 of 15
PapaLung
Apprentice

I gave that a shot, it's still doing the same thing.
Message 7 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What game are you trying to filter exactly? Can you provide a screenshot of the Geo-Filter page showing it happening please?
Message 8 of 15
PapaLung
Apprentice

Im playing warzone on xbox series x. What it looks like with filtering mode on searching for a game. It doesn't even attempt to connect to the area selected. It tries to connect to CA servers, or TX servers ect. never to the area I've chosen. I'll send a picture in another response showing all the servers that pop up for warzone when I back out, turn off filtering and reload into the game.
Message 9 of 15
PapaLung
Apprentice

As you can see, the servers all pop up , even in the area I've selected to play in.
Message 10 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Did you completely quit the game so you were back on the Xbox dashboard? I suspect you're not able to get a game because your area is so far away from your actual location that you're hitting a ping limit and it's preventing you getting a game
Message 11 of 15
PapaLung
Apprentice

Yes, I go to the dashboard, erase all the game data, restart the game, wait for it to load, before I hir search for a match, I enable the geofilter, I get exactly what you can see in the photos. I've connected to the servers I have selected many times, I play on UK servers every day with a friend who lives there hosting and they have way higher ping than the servers I've selected, so I can assure you it is not due to the ping being too high. I've played in Australia, their ping is way high, with no problems before. Does the ping assist setting have anything to do with it? I've had it at zero the entire time I've had this router but maybe something has changed? I don't know man, I'm running out of ideas.
Message 12 of 15
PapaLung
Apprentice

Another thing I forgot to mention is that I am constantly having to log into the router when I'm using the geofilter and or using any other rap that the router has to offer. I'm not sure if this is important information or not.
Message 13 of 15
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

You should ideally have the filter enabled before you boot the game. This is because the game client searches for servers on boot, if you have filtering mode disabled it will then think that all known servers are available to it when they won't be after enabling filtering mode.

Message 14 of 15
PapaLung
Apprentice

I factory reset AGAIN, reinstalled firmware, set everything up, chose geo location to play in via polygon mode , turned on geo filter, turned on xbox, erased warzone saved data from console, started warzone, searched for a match and it worked this time. I've done it where I turn on geofilter after I log into WZ but before I search for a game, but, I'm not going to anymore, my blood pressure can't take it. Thank you for your patience and help!!!
Message 15 of 15
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7