Netgear AP WAC124 restore problem
I have the following problems with this device. I think they are quite serous:
1. The restore settings function doesn't work. Many settings do not get restored. I've tried with reset before restore and the problem is still present. Mainly some Wi-Fi settings are restored, but IP and network settings are not.
2. The custom names of devices in access control do not get recorded. They disappear randomly. Also never get backed up and restored.
3. When the device is set to work as AP, it would still block internet for other devices on the LAN network (not ones connected to it by Wi-Fi). Very strange and incorrect behavior.
4. Very, very slow interface especially on access control.
5. The refresh function in access control is simply useless. The device never lists connected devices properly and the majority of them are always missing.
6. If a device was blocked by the router, but not listed (which is many times the case) you can't do anything about it. Trying to manually add this device to the allowed list is impossible as the router returns a doubled MAC message and doesn't allow adding this device at all. I mean that this happens while this device isn't listed anywhere in the other lists it just can't be added. So settings in access control can never be changed for this particular MAC.
Quite disappointed frankly and returning them, after I ordered 3 of them.