× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Nighthawk AX8 (RAX80) and Nighthawk Mesh System

weifensi
Aspirant

Netgear Nighthawk AX8 (RAX80) and Nighthawk Mesh System

I'm thinking to buy the Netgear Nighthawk AX8 (RAX80) gaming router. I also would like to extend my wifi network with a mesh system and buying the Nighthawk Mesh Wifi system. Given that I'm getting the gaming router do I need to get the mesh system (MK62) or can I simply just buy the mesh satellite (MS60) ?  thanks !

Message 1 of 3

Re: Netgear Nighthawk AX8 (RAX80) and Nighthawk Mesh System

@weifensi wrote:

...can I simply just buy the mesh satellite (MS60) ?  thanks !

Most Orbi satellites need Orbi routers.

@weifensi wrote:

I'm thinking to buy the Netgear Nighthawk AX8 (RAX80) gaming router.

That's not one of Netgear's gaming routers. That's the XR range.

But what do you expect to get out of a gaming router that the Orbi system would not deliver?

Message 2 of 3
weifensi
Aspirant

Re: Netgear Nighthawk AX8 (RAX80) and Nighthawk Mesh System

Hi there

thanks for the reply. 

You are right, the Netgear Nighthawk AX8 (RAX80) is not a gaming router - my bad. 

What's the differnence between Orbi mesh (www.netgear.com/orbi/rbk752.aspx) and Nighthawk Mesh (www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/nighthawk-mesh/ ? And would both of them work with the router I mentioned above ? 

I have an old Wifi router which needs replacement. Hence, I'm thinking to upgrade to a Wifi 6 router and a mesh system to be fully updated on the latest technology for a while. 

thanks again 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7