× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Nighthawk extender with Ethernet input

KAWB
Follower

Netgear Nighthawk extender with Ethernet input

Hi all,

Hoping someone can give me a simple answer.

I have installed the RAX20 Nighthawk Router. 

I need new wifi range extenders.  I have Ethernet running into most rooms in the house (it's a large house)

I'm wondering if there is any extenders with Ethernet input, that I can put around the house that is easily compatible via the app.

I'm not very tech savvy so hoping I worded that ok.

Thanks so much

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear Nighthawk extender with Ethernet input

many of netgears extenders have access point mode. thats basically what you're looking for. Some of the very base models like the ex2700 don't have access point mode but if you search through the extenders on netgears site and pick the one you want, then just check to see if thats an option for it. 

Or you can even use a router and run it in access point mode. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear Nighthawk extender with Ethernet input

Please post about this over in the RAX forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/bd-p/en-home-routers-nighthawk-wif...

or the WiFi Extender forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Range-Extenders-Nighthawk/bd-p/home-wifi-range-extenders

Good Luck. 

@KAWB wrote:

Hi all,

Hoping someone can give me a simple answer.

I have installed the RAX20 Nighthawk Router. 

I need new wifi range extenders.  I have Ethernet running into most rooms in the house (it's a large house)

I'm wondering if there is any extenders with Ethernet input, that I can put around the house that is easily compatible via the app.

I'm not very tech savvy so hoping I worded that ok.

Thanks so much

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7