× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear XR300 Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router slows down my WiFi and not enough range

Snakekilla54
Follower

Netgear XR300 Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router slows down my WiFi and not enough range

Hello guys, I recently bought a nighthawk Pro gaming router and honestly I wanted it to work cause I thought this is netgear but I was disappointed unless I didn’t know what I was getting. Anyways to get to the point, the router was slowing down my internet speeds to a crawl(I always get 500mbpsup/30down) on a spectrum router . Also the range was definitely less than the spectrum router as this router couldn’t reach my garage for a garage door opener.
Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Netgear XR300 Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router slows down my WiFi and not enough range

On the QoS page in the Anti-Bufferbloat menu options have you entered the speeds you expect to get? Are you using the Anti-Bufferbloat feature at all? The slow speeds is this through WiFi or ethernet?
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7