× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear XR500 Ethernet Ports Not Working

stricken
Aspirant

Netgear XR500 Ethernet Ports Not Working

Hello,

Moved into a new place so I figured I'd treat myself to some better internet. Mine was horrible before. Got a new XR500 from Best Buy and it booted up great. After the first night, my Macbook Pro wouldn't connect. All of my other stuff would, as well as my girlfriend's stuff.That same night, I tried plugging my Xbox One X in to the ethernet port but it wouldn't work, though it worked over wifi.  I ended up using her computer to revert to FW to 2.3.2.32 (it was on the latest firmware). That worked now my computer can connect, but my ethernet ports still aren't working. I've tried different cables, so it wasn't that. What can I do to fix this? I didn't figure I'd have this much trouble with the router.

I am new to this nice of a router and am just beginning to start to get into details for internet, routers, gaming, etc. so please simplify your answers if you can. I should also mention that Spectrum is my ISP and my modem is an Arris TM1602. 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you try upgrading to this hotfix firmware please and see if that resolves your issue https://forum.netduma.com/topic/28523-new-xr500-hotfix-firmware-for-drop-outs/
Message 2 of 4
stricken
Aspirant

Still no luck. Just red lights on the front for the ethernet lights.

Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I think you may have a defective unit, I would recommend contacting Netgear support here: http://support.netgear.com/
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7