× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear XR500 Web interface

Raer
Aspirant

Netgear XR500 Web interface

Hello.

I have Netgear XR500. When I go to the web interface, on the page nothing is displayed (see screenshot).
I tried reboot router, open in other browsers and factory reset, but didn't work.
Firmware version 2.3.2.114.
Did anyone have such a problem?

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 24
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

That's interesting, could you please try clearing your browser cache/access the interface from an incognito window?

Message 2 of 24
Raer
Aspirant

Tried, did not help.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 24
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for confirming.

Does the interface load if you instead go to routerlogin.net in your browser?

When did this start happening? Was it completely random or did it follow any configuration changes?

Message 4 of 24
Raer
Aspirant

@Netduma-Liam wrote:

Thanks for confirming.

>>Does the interface load if you instead go to routerlogin.net in your browser?

No.

>>When did this start happening? Was it completely random or did it follow any configuration changes?

There was a problem with the internet. The provider's technical support asked the user to reset the router to factory settings.

After the reset, the user could not enter the router settings. The initial web page was the same. From that moment on there was such a problem

I tried to upgrade the firmware via TFTP, it booted without error. But how to check on the router itself which one I don’t know now.

Message 5 of 24
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for that!

Could you try holding the reset pin on the back of the XR for thirty seconds, then allow the XR a few minutes to reset.

Then try access the interface via either routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1 again and see if you're greeted with initial setup.

Message 6 of 24
Raer
Aspirant

@Netduma-Liam wrote:

Thanks for that!

Could you try holding the reset pin on the back of the XR for thirty seconds, then allow the XR a few minutes to reset.

Then try access the interface via either routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1 again and see if you're greeted with initial setup.

Do i need to hold it while loading?

Message 7 of 24
Raer
Aspirant

@Raer wrote:

@Netduma-Liam wrote:

Thanks for that!

Do i need to hold it while loading?

I tried to reset it again at boot, let it load, it did not help.
And should, upon entering the website, issue a request for a username and password or first you need to agree to the user agreement?

Message 8 of 24
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

You won't need a username/password after a reset as you'll then be prompted to go through the initial setup and set these credentials.

Could you please try unplugging the XR and leave it for 10 minutes or so to allow residual power to drain, then reconnect it and check again.

Message 9 of 24
Raer
Aspirant

@Netduma-Liam wrote:

You won't need a username/password after a reset as you'll then be prompted to go through the initial setup and set these credentials.

Could you please try unplugging the XR and leave it for 10 minutes or so to allow residual power to drain, then reconnect it and check again.

Already tried it, left it overnight.

Message 10 of 24
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Could you try downloading the DumaOS app and setup the XR through this?

Message 11 of 24
Raer
Aspirant

@Netduma-Liam wrote:

Could you try downloading the DumaOS app and setup the XR through this?

Did I find the link correctly?
If you download a file, it is signed, and how can I open it?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bzep9jc2b8wzgrh/dumaos-2.1.3.29.sig?dl=0

Message 12 of 24
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Sorry, I was referring to the mobile application from either the Google Play store or Apple App store depending on what mobile phone you have.

Message 13 of 24
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Can you use an Incognito browser window to try access please?

That is a firmware file for the Netduma R1 which you can't use with the XR500. Liam was referring to the DumaOS mobile app on your phone - search for it in your Apple or Google App store
Message 14 of 24
Raer
Aspirant

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
Can you use an Incognito browser window to try access please?

That is a firmware file for the Netduma R1 which you can't use with the XR500. Liam was referring to the DumaOS mobile app on your phone - search for it in your Apple or Google App store

Hello.

I installed the application, connected to the router.

In device manager I see only my phone.

Should there be a router?

Is there an instruction on how to configure through the application?

In the settings there is a reboot of the router, tried it, the router rebooted

Message 15 of 24
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

If that's the only device connected to the router currently then that makes sense.

Did you not have to go through the initial setup when you connected to your router with your phone?

Are you now able to access the interface normally through your browser?

Message 16 of 24
Raer
Aspirant

@Netduma-Liam wrote:

If that's the only device connected to the router currently then that makes sense.

>> Did you not have to go through the initial setup when you connected to your router with your phone?

Yes it is necessary, but when the page is uploaded to the web interface, the page is the same as I sent the screenshot

>> Are you now able to access the interface normally through your browser?

On the phone the same.

Message 17 of 24
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

My apologies, I meant to advise that you download the Nighthawk App.

Could you please hold the reset pin on the back of the XR for thirty seconds, then leave it for a few minutes. 

Download the Nighthawk app on your mobile device and connect to the XR this way. 

You should then be able to complete the initial setup through this.

Message 18 of 24
Raer
Aspirant

@Netduma-Liam wrote:

My apologies, I meant to advise that you download the Nighthawk App.

Could you please hold the reset pin on the back of the XR for thirty seconds, then leave it for a few minutes. 

Download the Nighthawk app on your mobile device and connect to the XR this way. 

You should then be able to complete the initial setup through this.

Thank you.

Through the application, it went out to configure the router, change the password, and the firmware was updated (updated from 2.3.2.108 to 2.3.2.114 ).

When I went to the website through my phone in the browser, all fields are not displayed (4jpg).

I entered my username and password, a page appeared with a proposal to change the password. Through laptop tried the same page.

I need to set up geo-filters. I did not see this in the application on the phone in the settings. As I understand it is configured only on the website.

Are there any other options?

Message 19 of 24
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

So have you completed the setup now? What are you now seeing in the web browser on your laptop when you try to access the interface?

Message 20 of 24
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Can you try accessing it on your laptop using the Microsoft Edge browser please and see if it loads there for you to continue?
Message 21 of 24
Raer
Aspirant

@Netduma-Liam wrote:

So have you completed the setup now? What are you now seeing in the web browser on your laptop when you try to access the interface?

Sorry, now through the form I changed the password to a more complex one. Restart the browser. And I was able to access the router's web interface.

Now I rebooted the router again, everything works.

Thank you for help!

P.S. But could this be due to the fact that we set a simple password in the admin panel?
After changing the password to a more complex one, I managed to go to the admin panel

Message 22 of 24
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I wouldn't have thought that would be an issue no as the default password is password but glad it's all working!
Message 23 of 24
Raer
Aspirant

Thank you.

Message 24 of 24
Discussion stats
  • 23 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7