× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear XR500 and Virgin Superhub 3 issues

Netgear XR500 and Virgin Superhub 3 issues

Hello,

Hopefully someone can help, I’ve done lots of searching online and can’t seem to sort my issue out.

I have had my XR500 working perfectly with my superhub 3 for over a year until yesterday, I had problems with my sky mini box and the engineer said it was because of the Netgear router causing problems, he then set the Superhub back into Router mode which cured the issue with the box, he also replaced the main sky q box which I suspect may have been the issue not the router.

I was not home when all this was done so when I got home I wanted to change it back to how it was and see if the sky box would still work however I can no longer get any internet from my XR500, if I use the superhub the internet works and if I use the XR500 as an AP it also works.

The Superhub was put in to modem mode and the XR500 just has a solid orange internet LED.

I have checked if it was set up for DHCP correctly and it’s only giving me the option for Orange France DHCP as an ISP, I’m not sure if this was there before as it just worked the first time I set it up.

Does anyone have any suggestions or things I could try?

Thanks.
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Netgear XR500 and Virgin Superhub 3 issues

You take the WAN IP from the XR System Information page and put it in the VM DMZ which can be found in Security settings I believe.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9

All Replies
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Are you able to access the XR500s interface from your web browser now?

VM modem mode can be a little funny sometimes so we typically suggest disabling it's Wi-Fi instead and put the XR500 WAN IP in the VM DMZ. 

You can find the XR500s WAN IP in the System information panel in the DumaOS interface.

Message 2 of 9

I will try this, so do I put the router back into router mode?
Message 3 of 9
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Yes, please have both the VM Hub and the XR500 in router mode for this and let me know how you get on.

Message 4 of 9

I tried to do this but something doesn’t seem to right, I’m going to reset the XR500 as I think I changed something the other day and not too sure what.

Where do I put the ip from the XR500 in the hub settings?
Message 5 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You take the WAN IP from the XR System Information page and put it in the VM DMZ which can be found in Security settings I believe.
Message 6 of 9

I am in the settings now but the WAN IP is 0.0.0.0 which doesn’t seem right?
Message 7 of 9

It’s now working! Thank you for your help
Message 8 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Great to hear that, thanks for the update!
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7