× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear XR500 problema test upload PS4

castagnaccio99
Follower

Netgear XR500 problema test upload PS4

Hi, I recently activated a 1GB fiber line with open fiber (city fiber), I connected the open fiber modem to an XR 500 and everything works perfectly, speed Down / UP average 400/200 after several tests, the problem is on upload of the PS4 on which I can not have over 5 mbps and so sometimes the test on PS4 gives me 450 mbps in down and 4.2 mbps in up ... absurd, in essence I never exceed 5 mbps, never once have gone above 5 ... how is it possible? maybe I set something wrong? specific that I have the problem both in wifi and with cable, I also did the cable test by connecting the PC and the speeds are always on the 200 mbps upload, on ps4 I did the test at all hours of the day but always 4 / 5 mbps, can you help me? Thank you

Salve, ho di recente attivato una linea fibra 1GB con open fiber (fibra city), ho collegato il modem open fiber ad un XR 500 e tutto funziona perfettamente, velocità Down/UP media 400/200 dopo vari test, il problema è sull upload della PS4 sulla quale non riesco ad avere oltre 5 mbps e per cui a volte il test su PS4 mi da 450 mbps in down e 4,2 mbps in up... assurdo, in sostanza non supero mai i 5 mbps, mai una volta sia andato sopra 5... com'è possibile? forse ho settato male qualcosa? specifico che il problema ce l'ho sia in wifi che con cavo, ho fatto anche test del cavo collegando il pc e le velocità sono sempre sui 200 mbps in upload, sulla ps4 ho fatto il test a tutte le ore del giorno ma sempre 4/5 mbps, potete aiutarmi? Grazie

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear XR500 problema test upload PS4

The problem is with the PS and not the Router. I Don't put much trust in gaming consoles speed test abilities. Espeically there wireless. If your PC wired speed tests are coming back correctly, then the router and ISP services are working correctly. 

I recommend connecting the game console to the router via LAN cable and game with it. Use a wired PC to check speed test integrity as needed. 

This maybe a problem at the game console and you would need to contact the consoles Mfr for help and information regarding it. 

Message 2 of 3
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Re: Netgear XR500 problema test upload PS4

Exactly as Furry said, speedtest on consoles is not reliable. So trust the results you are getting via speedtest.net through your PC.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7