× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear XR500 reboot and restart WIFI

edperez5000
Guide

Netgear XR500 reboot and restart WIFI

Hi is there a way that when my house electric power goes off and then the electric power goes back on my Netgear XR500 WIFI is off.  I need it on so that I don't have to press the buttons on the unit when the light goes back on.  There must be a setting for this.  Please help.  I do have the latest firmware and all the updates installed.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
edperez5000
Guide

You are correct for some weird reason when I rebooted both ways it started WIFI automatically.  So I thank you but I don't know what happen that it did not work in the morning.  

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

There is no setting for this. After a reboot it would be on but with irregular power fluctuations you can't account for that. Do you have to go through the setup wizard after the power cut?
Message 2 of 9
edperez5000
Guide

Thank you but no I don't have to do the setup again all I have to do is press the WIFI button to turn on the router.  But this should be automatic once the router is on Wifi should also turn on without me having to press the button.  Even after a normal reboot Wifi button is not lit and is not Wifi is not on.

Message 3 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

A reboot the WiFi should definitely be on, how do you do a reboot - by unplugging from power or through the interface?
Message 4 of 9
edperez5000
Guide

By unplugging it.  But my cheaper routers would just connect to Wifi if I did it the same way without any issue.  

Message 5 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you reboot from the interface and see if the WiFi stays on please?
Message 6 of 9
edperez5000
Guide

Ok I'll do it tonight and get back to you.  Thank you for all your help.

Message 7 of 9
edperez5000
Guide

You are correct for some weird reason when I rebooted both ways it started WIFI automatically.  So I thank you but I don't know what happen that it did not work in the morning.  

Message 8 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for letting us know, glad to hear it is working now. Might just have been that the WiFi hadn't saved properly until a reboot from interface had been done and now it has it works correctly.
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7