× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Xr 1000 wifi problem

GS3339
Guide

Netgear Xr 1000 wifi problem

Hello,

I have a big problem with my Router..

For example we watch TV at night youtube netflix etc... than close tv sleep and in the morning tv has no connection with wi fi?? Wtf is that? My mother use her phone normal at night go work come back and somehow her phone cant connect to the Router.. why is happening that? To fix that i am restarting router than the phone tv etc are able to connect again but i wanna know why this happens how to fix it... so annoying restarting router every day 3 4 times
Message 1 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Disable Smart Connect for WiFi and manually connect devices to 2.4 or 5GHz and see if that resolves the issue please
Message 2 of 14
plemans
Guru

what modem/gateway do you have?

Also, what exactly is it doing? Is it saying "connected, no internet", is it not seeing the wifi broadcasting at all? Is it broadcasting but devices can't connect to it? 

Message 3 of 14
GS3339
Guide

Hey guys thanks for the answers..

Smart connect is disabled i read some topics but it didnt fix the problem

- on phone it says can not get ip adress,
- on tv is same you can see the wi fi and it says that is connected to wi fi but no internet
Message 4 of 14
GS3339
Guide

The internet is in Germany i use SVDSL internet with Fritzbox in germany the XR1000 is connexted to the fritzbox 7530
Message 5 of 14
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Are any devices connected to the XR via wired? If so, are they able to access the internet when the problem occurs? Can they reach the DumaOS interface by going to 192.168.1.1 in the web browser?

Message 6 of 14
GS3339
Guide

Hey,

There is no problem with Wired connected like PS5, Pc they are always ok , only have problem with wi fi conncted gadgets tv, phone interesring thing is my Mother phone is old Lenovo, and she always have problems, my and my wife samsung phones dont have that problem, and the 2 TV are facing this problem always
Message 7 of 14
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Can you try going to Settings -> Setup -> LAN Setup and reserve IP addresses for each wireless device on the network.

After that, check to see if they're still disconnecting.

Message 8 of 14
GS3339
Guide

Thank You 🙂

I Will do it now and will see next 2 3 days if the problem still occurs. Thanks again.
Message 9 of 14
GS3339
Guide

Hey again,

This solution didnt fix the problem its same nothing changed still no wi fi on Lenovo Phone and TVs only restart router fix the problem
Message 10 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Try making a guest WiFi network on the router and have the affected devices connect to that, do they still get the same issues?
Message 11 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

How is Basic and Advanced wireless settings configured on the router? 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Be sure wifi adapter drivers are up to date on the laptop. 

Might try disabling AX and OFDMA on the router. 

Set 40Mhz only co-existance. 

Message 12 of 14
GS3339
Guide

Dont know why but my mother phone was not able to connect to the 2.4ghz wi fi and the moment i open the guest wifi , the wi fi stopped for 5 sec and her phone was able to connect to the 2.4ghz conneftion again,

I mean when you open guest wi fi router reloads for some seconds so her phone was able to connect again lol 😄
Message 13 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Interesting, keep us posted with how you get on!
Message 14 of 14
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7