× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear password reset & still won’t login!

GLO
Tutor
Tutor

Netgear password reset & still won’t login!

Hi,

Is there a problem with Netgear login?
I reset my password and naturally can’t use the previous password, but even after creating a new one I still can’t get in!

Help please!!!
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 7

Re: Netgear password reset & still won’t login!

@GLO wrote:

Is there a problem with Netgear login?

Login to what? Your router's graphical user interface (GUI)?

That is a local address for the GUI on your XR500. It goes nowhere near the Internet. (You should even be able to get in without being plugged into the Internet.)

@GLO wrote:
I reset my password and naturally can’t use the previous password, but even after creating a new one I still can’t get in!

I'm afraid "can’t get in" could mean many things.

What are you doing and where does it go wrong.

By the way, it may not matter, but you have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

You might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section:

Nighthawk Pro Gaming Routers - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 7
GLO
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for your reply.

When I’m connected to my home network, I launch the Nighthawk app I then want to enable Remote Access which then pushes me to the Netgear Account Login page but regardless of password reset it still errors out.
Message 3 of 7

That is mynetgear.

Have you set up an account there?

MyNETGEAR | Login

It does not use the same password as your router's GUI.

@GLO wrote:
....it still errors out.

What does "errors out" mean? Times out? Rejects password? Something else?

Message 4 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

As above, are you having trouble logging into the interface itself?
Message 5 of 7
GLO
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

Locally I can log into the app, and when I go to enable the ‘remote login’ it bumps me to a Netgear Account Login page which is where this goes astray!
Message 6 of 7

@GLO wrote:
Hi,

Locally I can log into the app, and when I go to enable the ‘remote login’ it bumps me to a Netgear Account Login page which is where this goes astray!

Again, it is kind of hards to understand what is going on here.

Goes astray?

Remote login works via mynetgear.com.

You need to set that up first.

When you try to enable Remote login on a router, it will; ask you for the details you use for mynetgear.com.

The username and password for mynetgear.com have nothing to do with the details you use to login to your router's browser graphical user interface, your wifi or this forum.

If you don't have those details, it will invited you to create an account. This is best done with the GUI rather than an app.

Maybe you have done all this. You don't say so and haven't answered questions that would have helped pin down what is going on.

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7