× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Network Monitor Not accurate

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Try doing a factory reset that case and then setup from scratch just doing basic settings - WiFi, QoS etc and see if it appears properly then.
Message 26 of 33
JonSnowKnowsNad
Apprentice

Factory reset did the trick! thanks man

Message 27 of 33
JonSnowKnowsNad
Apprentice

so i found out what it was. it was ipv6 being set on DHCP. when ipv6 is disabled network monitor is working 100% fine. is ipv6 being disabled perfectly fine because on default its disabled? would there be any issues if ipv6 is disabled?

Message 28 of 33
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Well done on finding out the cause, we'll be sure to let our developers know. There won't be any issues by having IPv6 disabled.
Message 29 of 33
Julian75th
Aspirant

I’m experiencing the same issue with my XR450 that I just purchased.
I tried the system reboot and it seemed to work for about 5mins, but then went back to displaying decimal points as my Mbps speed.
I ran the speed test and my speed is shown as 989Mbps, but when playing COD or streaming it shows 0.25Mbps being used.
Message 30 of 33
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That is about right as gaming barely uses any bandwidth at all.
Message 31 of 33
Julian75th
Aspirant

I understand that, however I really tried testing this so I played 4K videos on my Desktop, my TV, and my laptop while gaming and streaming music simultaneously. The highest total download speed displayed on the network monitoring was 0.80Mbps being used. Obviously this has to be an error or bug being displayed.
When using speedtest.net, it shows that I have 989Mbps, but the network monitor only shows 120Mbps during that testing window.
Message 32 of 33
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's about right for the conversion between Mbps and MBps but definitely an inconsistency there, thank you. I'll let the team know and please sign up for the beta here http://www.netgearinnovation.com/dumaos-beta/index.html
Message 33 of 33
Discussion stats
  • 32 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7