× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Network Monitor not tracking wireless with 5ghz off

Prolific
Aspirant

Network Monitor not tracking wireless with 5ghz off

As it says in the title, the OS does not recognize any data flow with 5ghz disabled.  I have no need of 5ghz so I keep it off but 2.4ghz is on and my mobile is connected to it.  Also, the Device Manager shows my wireless as being offline on the Network Map. 

What gives?

If I could suggest, a simple solution to this would be to seperate the wireless into the two wavelengths.

V2.2.1.10

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3
Prolific
Aspirant

I also just noticed that the Dashboard Wireless Status app is showing both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz as disabled, when only 5Ghz is.

V2.2.1.10

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 2 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi Prolific, on the Device Manager it is split into both bands and will show what devices are connected to which. If your phone is connected for example but it's locked and therefore idle then it'll show as offline. As soon as you unlock it you should see it come online on the device manager.

Do you have smart connect enabled? That makes it so only 1 WiFi SSID is showing but it will switch between 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz depending on a devices need. So in the wireless panel the 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz details would be the same.

Could you record a short video of the Network Monitor not working through wireless please?
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7