× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Network speeds all over the place

tcrmorrow
Aspirant

Network speeds all over the place

I dont know whats going on but the router, for whatever reason is all over the place. Ive tried power cycling the router, and modem to no avail. Wirelss, Hardwired, Adapter properties, ans Router speeds are all different. My biggest isue right now is while the connection at the rounter is over 300megs the speedtest at a wireless connection and in a browser is around 20 megs. I have looked and searched but I havent a clue.. 

Anyhelp would be great. 

break down.

At the browser on a wireless connection is 25meg.

At the adapter through the properties is 144 meg

At the router, in the QoS screen its 328meg

Xboxone 146meg

thanks

Just a direction, just cant seem to figure it out. I do get 140megs on my xboxone but not at my laptop. 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you post a screenshot of your entire QoS page and the Device Manager table view page please?
Message 2 of 11
tcrmorrow
Aspirant

Sure, I just did a "restore defaults" from within the router itself and its still slow. Now its up to 30 meg down through a browser.. 

Message 3 of 11
tcrmorrow
Aspirant

I saved a backup config file and restored that so now the QoS page is litered again with devices I used once but never used again. This is kind of stupid that you cant delete these devices later. 

Message 4 of 11
tcrmorrow
Aspirant

Sorry here is the device manager page.

Message 5 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

By restoring using a config file you're restoring from a time where all those devices were connected. I would not suggest using that if you're trying to do a proper reset. In the Anti-Bufferbloat 3 line option menu disable QoS completely by clicking the check box, then do a speedtest, what do you get?
Message 6 of 11
tcrmorrow
Aspirant

The speedtst went from 24 to 35 megs down, 11 up

Message 7 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What is your exact physical setup? Are ALL devices connected to the router? Are you using ethernet for this test or WiFi?
Message 8 of 11
tcrmorrow
Aspirant

WiFi mostly, I can get better with ethernet. but I can do this test 5 feet from the router using WiFi and it doesnt change. 

Message 9 of 11
tcrmorrow
Aspirant

This is the test hard wired using ethernet. Its actualy even worse. 

Message 10 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What is your physical setup e.g. ISP router (some devices) > XR > other devices

I would suggest doing a factory reset to get rid of all those unused devices and setup from scratch. When you've done that please post a screenshot of the Device Manager table page.
Message 11 of 11
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7