× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New XR1000, upnp disabled, nat issues, other errors

d0x
Guide
Guide

New XR1000, upnp disabled, nat issues, other errors

I just bought an XR1000 yesterday and I was setting it up and after I was done and the firmware was updated I started getting some errors and I was also unable to enable upnp which was disabled by default.

I'm on firmware 1.0.0.58

An example of an issue I'm having is besides upnp is when I click certain pages in the settings an overlay will pop up with some random looking error and the page itself won't work.

I'll post a screenshot ASAP

Also why when making a topic here and it asks for model, when you enter xr1000 it's like it doesn't exist. The 500 comes up no problem...

Thanks
Message 1 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: New XR1000, upnp disabled, nat issues, other errors

UPnP is a known issue but it is actually enabled by default. What web browser/device are you using to access? Do you have Armor enabled?
Message 2 of 7
d0x
Guide
Guide

Armor is disabled, last night it was Chrome on Win10 and right now I'm looking at stuff on Edge for android 12. upnp is definitely not enabled or at least not behaving like it is, I can take my Ethernet cable and plug it into my TP-Link ax6000 and Nat is open. Then do the same with this and it's moderate.

While looking through the forums and help files I noticed that the upnp issue has existed for like 6+ months... Which is concerning. One would think that would be an easy fix but there hasn't been a FW update in quite some time which is also concerning

Also why isn't there a 6ghz wifi band? Did I miss a setting somewhere? I set it up last night around 3am and I'm just getting going now so I'll get you more info within the hour, I just need to let the caffeine touch my heart lol.

Seriously though... Why isn't the router listed in the product selection but the xr500&700 are? I find that a little concerning. Concerning enough that I'm thinking I should have bought the ROG whatever it's called (see, caffeine!) Wifi6e router.

Thanks for the quick response as well. I appreciate it.
Message 3 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It will be working but it depends on how your network is setup as to whether you'll get an Open NAT right away, if you're also using the Geo-Filter it may produce a false NAT result. If you could provide the errors when you can that would be really helpful.

It doesn't have 6GHz WiFi, that is for WiFi 6E and the XR1000 is WiFi 6. It's a community forum so Netgear won't be monitoring the forums too much so just hasn't been added yet.
Message 4 of 7
d0x
Guide
Guide

Yep, 6e, air traffic controllers and unlicensed spectrum for now.. sorry I'm running on 4 hours of sleep in the last 2.5 days.

So now the error messages aren't popping up but essentially they were small popup windows themed like duma, not a win32 style error msg and they had what looked like a couple random letters and numbers all the way on the right side. If one shows up I'll get a screenshot.

So NAT was moderate despite QOS being off and the devices and router had been running for roughly 8 hours. Basically everything is at default out of box setting except for the basics.

I specifically bought this because of Duma but now I'm regretting not just buying the ROG AXE-11000 but only because I'm getting frustrated.
Message 5 of 7
d0x
Guide
Guide

@Netduma-Fraser  ok these arent the errors i was seeing at 4am but the first came up right after logging in and the 2nd came up when i clicked system information.  Im still trying to trigger the ones i was seeing before but it could have been a fluke, with that said they were appearing on most pages

Right after loginRight after loginafter clicking sys infoafter clicking sys info

Message 6 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay keep us posted on the errors. What is the model of the modem/router the XR is connected to? Once you start using the features I'm sure you'll be happier!
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7