× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New - XR700 v1.0.1.10 Firmware Available

FURRYe38
Guru

New - XR700 v1.0.1.10 Firmware Available

New Features and Enhancements:

• USB driver update to support Apple File System (APFS)
  • Login password enhancement
  • DHCP option 60 support for Internet configuration

Bug Fixes:

• Improves system stability
  • Fixes security vulnerability issues
  • Fixes the issue where Orange France IPTV does not work with the new UHD TV decoder

Firmware Update Instructions:
To update your router’s firmware, follow the instructions in your router’s user manual. To view your router’s user manual, visit https://www.netgear.com/support/product/XR700.aspx#docs.

Download Link : https://www.netgear.com/support/product/XR700.aspx#download

I recommend a factory reset and set up from scratch after applying if problems continue or problems are seen.

Let us know how it works for you...

Model: XR700| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 41
Shikwan68
Star

The only problems I've noticed so far;

The router apps seem a bit more sluggish to load.

The Network Monitoring app hangs about 3-4 seconds after loading. It can no longer be monitored in real-time.

These both seem like memory resource issues.

Message 2 of 41
FURRYe38
Guru

What browser are you using? Does this happen in FF or Opera? 

@Shikwan68 wrote:

The only problems I've noticed so far;

The router apps seem a bit more sluggish to load.

The Network Monitoring app hangs about 3-4 seconds after loading. It can no longer be monitored in real-time.

These both seem like memory resource issues.

Message 3 of 41
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Also did you do a factory reset after the upgrade?
Message 4 of 41
TOOMUCHSAUCE
Apprentice

I also have the same problem. The entire UI is slow. Some panels will not load at all, such as the large panel on the lower left on the dashboard tab. 

Message 5 of 41
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Same question and also clear the browser cache/cookies before hand and see if that improves it.
Message 6 of 41
Shikwan68
Star

I am using Microsoft Edge (convienent) but I did clear the cache last night before posting...however I'm watching the Network Snapshot and Network Overview pinned on my Dashboard and they seem to be running fine now so IDK. I didn't do a factory reset but if this issue persists I will and I'll keep you posted! Thanks for your response!

Message 7 of 41
FURRYe38
Guru

What browser are you using? Does this happen in FF or Opera? 

Do a factory reset after the update and setup from scratch? 

@TOOMUCHSAUCE wrote:

I also have the same problem. The entire UI is slow. Some panels will not load at all, such as the large panel on the lower left on the dashboard tab. 

Message 8 of 41
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Given you are using Edge I suggest you try Firefox or Chrome if you continue to have problems. Edge is compatible but it you run into weird issues like this it's wise going to another browser to see if that resolves the problem

Message 9 of 41
martyr444
Apprentice

This firmware does make the GUI much slower to open no matter what browser you use when you compare it to the previous version. I did all the factory resets. You can simply go back to the previous and immediately see a considerable difference on how much faster it opens.

Message 10 of 41
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Good to know. I suggest downgrading back down to .8 if you're having slow loading issues.

Message 11 of 41
FURRYe38
Guru

Others reported that doing a factory reset and setup from scratch or clearing ALL browser caches and reopening the browser helps this. 

@martyr444 wrote:

This firmware does make the GUI much slower to open no matter what browser you use when you compare it to the previous version. I did all the factory resets. You can simply go back to the previous and immediately see a considerable difference on how much faster it opens.

Message 12 of 41
martyr444
Apprentice

I did and its loading much quicker.

Message 13 of 41
martyr444
Apprentice

Before I upgrade I always reset to factory. My browsers cache are cleaned each night. Its some what faster with Opera with this latest version, but still faster even with Edge using V1.0.1.8.

Message 14 of 41
martyr444
Apprentice

In my other reply, when I said I did and it goes much faster I'm talking about the old version which I've down graded to. I know that means I'm probably losing some security fixes so hopefully they will get the slower GUI issue fixed soon so I can benefit from the security updates.

Message 15 of 41
Killhippie
Prodigy

You dont need to reset before you ipdate, just after. Restting before makes no difference, but a reset after and manually entering settings (not from a backup) is the best way of going about this. Saying that it may be a NTGR firmware issue. The last update for the XR500 3 months ago now caused a greater load on the routers CPU when doing nothing much of anything. Also bear in mind the CPU's in all XR300/450/500/700 are powerful but are three years out of date, its not a bang up to date 64 bit Soc you are dealing with.

Message 16 of 41
FURRYe38
Guru

Hopefully NG can do some performance tuning on the web page for browsers on next update. 

If your concerned about security and updates, you can load the v10 FW. Use the best browser for it until next FW update. 

Good Luck. 

@martyr444 wrote:

Before I upgrade I always reset to factory. My browsers cache are cleaned each night. Its some what faster with Opera with this latest version, but still faster even with Edge using V1.0.1.8.

Message 17 of 41
Shikwan68
Star

Yes, I can confirm as well; the GUI is slower to load.....BUT ITS STABLE!!! I factory reset and have been monitoring it while gaming the last few days on Chrome, Firefox and Edge with no noticeable differences.

If they can keep the router stable AND speed up the GUI, in particular the Network Monitor apps (Network Overview & Network Snapshot) and the Geo Filter apps (Geo-Filter Map and Auto Ping.  The GFM doesn't seem to work in real-time so much with Auto-Ping disabled as well btw.

Other than that - everything else seems to work great!

Message 18 of 41
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's great to hear, the team are aware of the slow UI so they're taking a look.
Message 19 of 41
manoloturbo
Aspirant

When we going to get a update? 

this is ridiculous i have to downgrade my router like almost month and half ago because the V1.0.1.10 have issues even is you turn your router off delete all your settings yesterday i have a update for the android app and still waiting for therouter update this is ridiculous we waste our money in arouter like this and 2 months waiting to fix a issue ???????????????

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 20 of 41
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Unfortunately I can't speculate on when a firmware will be released but I'm sure they're hard at work. Issues like this can be quite tricky to pin down and so require extra resources/time to resolve.
Message 21 of 41
manoloturbo
Aspirant

Well if that the case the need to hire somebody that know how to fix this issue because almost 2 months really? 

i know for fact that few people like me agree on this..

I should stay with my ASUS Router

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
Unfortunately I can't speculate on when a firmware will be released but I'm sure they're hard at work. Issues like this can be quite tricky to pin down and so require extra resources/time to resolve.

Message 22 of 41
FURRYe38
Guru

Takes time and money to do FW updates. MFrs just don't make updates willy nilly. Can take up to 6-9months to release something depending upon current and new issues that have to be fixes, developed and tested before releasing. 

Message 23 of 41
manoloturbo
Aspirant

You Right time and money well easy!!

STOP RELEASING NEW ROUTERS AND FIX THE ISSUES OF THE ONES YOU HAVE ALREADY ON THE MARKET

Message 24 of 41
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck with that. No router mfr is perfect. They all have there own issues. Yet they keep marketing new ones. 

Message 25 of 41
Discussion stats
  • 40 replies
  • 12 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7