× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New - XR700 v1.0.1.10 Firmware Available

TOOMUCHSAUCE
Apprentice

Well the entire premise of this router, which was heavily touted in offical Netgear marketing material, was that the DumaOS would enable them to add many new features very quickly, and fix things very quickly. They still haven't implemented the marketplace and associated apps and as far as I can tell, the router has the same basic features of their standard firmware cousins. They now have 3 routers with this OS you would think they could move a lot more quickly than a new firmware every 6 months... likely the last Netgear router I will own.
Message 26 of 41
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck. 

Message 27 of 41
gycuk1
Apprentice

I fully agree coming from an Asus router which firmware had loads of bugs but at least they sent out updated firmware. However the apps pulled me for this router and for the High price tag i think the updates are very poor

Message 28 of 41
TOOMUCHSAUCE
Apprentice

I agree. I mean a dozen of us complained about the horrible UI in the .10 firmware and here we are 4 months later there is a hotfix (not even a real release) that is posted that does not mention this being fixed! Hopefully it fixes the issue (I am still on .08) but if not, five months for a new FW update which doesn't even fix issues identified? LAME.

I guess Netgear doesn't care about customers who spend good money to buy their premium products. I feel like this gaming line was just a cash grab for them and we are left holding the bag. 

Message 29 of 41
FURRYe38
Guru

Takes time to develop FW. Seen it take 6, 9 to 12 months in between releases. I'd rather not rush router Mfr to release FW haphazardly. Be patient. Let NG and Duma do there work. For users interensted, sign up for there beta program. Last version I loaded of beta improved the UI a lot. Try it out. 

@TOOMUCHSAUCE wrote:

I agree. I mean a dozen of us complained about the horrible UI in the .10 firmware and here we are 4 months later there is a hotfix (not even a real release) that is posted that does not mention this being fixed! Hopefully it fixes the issue (I am still on .08) but if not, five months for a new FW update which doesn't even fix issues identified? LAME.

I guess Netgear doesn't care about customers who spend good money to buy their premium products. I feel like this gaming line was just a cash grab for them and we are left holding the bag. 

Message 30 of 41
-Donovan-
Luminary

Guys,

The latest beta version improved the horrible UI. You can sign up to the beta program here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/XR700-Beta-Firmware/m-p/1760800#M11125

Note: Make sure you perform a factory reset right after you update your firmware.

Message 31 of 41
TOOMUCHSAUCE
Apprentice

1.0.1.18 does not fix the horrible UI. The UI works for a day or two then the QOS, Device Manager, and Network monitor tabs don't load (no matter how long you wait!!!) with an eventual message "The R-App has not loaded yet, please try again in a minute." Also, large chart in lower left of dashboard tab does not load. It's actually WORSE than the 1.0.1.10 release!!!

Unbelievable!!! 

Message 32 of 41
martyr444
Apprentice

I got the exact same results testing 1.0.1.18. "The R-App has not loaded yet, please try again in a minute." Also, large chart in lower left of dashboard tab does not load. It's actually WORSE than the 1.0.1.10 release!!!

Netgear/Netduma is a failure. I've never seem a Company take so long to provide a fix espeically for such and expensive piece of Hardware that is suppose to be their "Flagship". Look how long this has been out and no attempt to provide a working verified fix, this belongs in the "Hall of Shame".

Message 33 of 41
TOOMUCHSAUCE
Apprentice

They actually said they were aware of it and working on it back when many of us identified the issue with 1.0.1.10 release. In this thread there is mention of the team aware of the issues and working on it back on March 23rd!!! Here we are in September, 6 month later and they finally release a beta firmware with the SAME issue!!! 

This router, and Netgear in particular, indeed belong in the Hall of Shame!!! 

Message 34 of 41
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Have you tried the latest beta version?
Message 35 of 41
martyr444
Apprentice

The latest I tried was the v1.0.0.18 as posted.

Message 36 of 41
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Try the latest beta version and see if it improves at all
Message 37 of 41
martyr444
Apprentice

Isn't 1.0.1.18 the latest?

Message 38 of 41
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Latest should be .20, if it's not appearing on the beta forum check for an update on the router. If it's not there should be made available shortly.
Message 39 of 41
martyr444
Apprentice

I check for a new update on the Router daily, sill no .20.

Message 40 of 41
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Should be available soon then so please try that when available.
Message 41 of 41
Discussion stats
  • 40 replies
  • 12 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7