× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New firmware XR500

Kirill83Rus
Aspirant

New firmware XR500

Tell me when will a new update for the router. What is expected in it from the new. What changes and corrections. Why not create a separate branch. In which will be indicated the terms and offers from users.
Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I think it will be available within a few weeks. Everytime a new firmware is available it tells you on the Knowledge Base for that update what will be included. There will be some fixes and a few additional features for the Geo-Filter as far as I know.
Message 2 of 10
MHussein
Tutor

More VPN producers and probably custom VPN client will be included... That is a critical feature most people are waiting for. A few weeks is quite vague...

Is there a way to understand the roadmap and provisional dates?
Message 3 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes new VPN solution is being tested currently. No not really, due to the fact that two development teams work on the router and bugs can cause setbacks.
Message 4 of 10
MHussein
Tutor

Your prompt response is much appreciated, hang in there and get us a robust firmware guys 🙂
Note that HMA is not the best solution, I have been testing across the big ones lately and ExpressVPN rules... I hope you are including it in the list or at least through custom config.
Message 5 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Custom configs will be allowed so you can use whichever VPN provider you want!
Message 6 of 10
MHussein
Tutor

Fantastic... Thank you... Looking forward to getting the new firmware.
Message 7 of 10
MHussein
Tutor

Just installed the new 2.3.2.22 and there is NO customisable VPN client :((((

Message 8 of 10
Killhippie
Prodigy

It wasnt mentioned in the update on here, and on the Netduma forums so you should not have been to surprised. Fraser will give you more information but its a new feature so both Netgear and Netduma have to get it right, that takes time and testing. You have new features in the new release and the increased zoom is great on Geo filter also a lot of bug patches like making the firewall true stealth making UPnP work properly and server banning. Also the current OpenVPN was updated to work properly too. Things like the hybrid VPN take time, I'm sure we will see it when Netgear and Netduma are happy with the end result.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 9 of 10
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

As KH said - VPN Hybrid was not scheduled for this update but it’s in development and should be out soon. Can’t give an exact ETA as it depends on testing etc but it shouldn’t take too long.
Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7