× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New firmware not available

Junior86
Tutor

New firmware not available

Hi team

I received an email early this morning stating there was a new firmware but nothing available after checking the nighthawk app, online and the router.  Email below

Screenshot 2022-08-17 at 20.42.33.png

Message 1 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: New firmware not available

I'm not aware of an update being made available today, I'll check with the team and get back to you.
Message 2 of 7
plemans
Guru

what firmware version are you on? 

We see it a lot where a mass email is sent to regardless of your firmware version. And sometimes its sent out after the fact by a ways. 

Message 3 of 7
Junior86
Tutor

I guess it is the 3.2(Without Mobile View) as seen on this page - http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000132677-dumaos-firmware-progress.

The email came from security@e.netgear.com. Never received anything from this address before but nothing suggests the email is a scam.

Message 4 of 7
plemans
Guru

It should have a firmware version either in the browser or the app. 

You can compare it with the official version: 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/xr1000.aspx

The most recent was released 4/5/2022 

Message 5 of 7
Junior86
Tutor

Already updated to 1.0.0.64 a long time ago. So it could be a very late email to upgrade to 1.0.0.64 or it is the new firmware .

Message 6 of 7
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

There is a new firmware coming soon, but I don't know the exact date they plan to release it.

I'm not aware of them ever sending out these emails in the past, so unless it's a new thing they're doing perhaps just delete it to be safe. If it's a scam it's pretty clever, not worth risking following any of the links in there until we know though.

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7