× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New update V2.3.2.18

Gimli
Tutor

New update V2.3.2.18

Hello, I saw that a new update came out V2.3.2.18, is it safe to update or is there a problem after the update?

Thank you

Message 1 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi Gimli, if you upgrade and do a factory reset to clear out any legacy issues that could be caused by old firmware then you shouldn't have a problem. Some are seeing UPnP table blank which we're looking into, doesn't necessarily mean it will affect NAT status.
Message 2 of 17
Fibtls18
Guide

my table is blank and ps4 is constant moderate or strict Nat types now even after manually opening up 3074? Everything was great before the update now its just went to **bleep** any insight? 

Message 3 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Suggest putting console in DMZ or downgrading to the previous version while this version is investigated
Message 4 of 17
Stylz
Tutor

DON'T UPDATE! UNSTABLE FIRMWARE THAT SHOULD'VE STAYED IN BETA

Message 5 of 17
Fibtls18
Guide

does this work on a wired connection? 

Message 6 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Has anyone rolled back to shipping FW or first version FW. I never had any issues with that FW...

Just wondering.

Message 7 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

| Stylz - It has not caused any major issues i.e. causing your internet to go down. If you have UPnP issues then downgrade until it's fixed.

| Fib - Not sure I quite get what you're referring to, DMZ? If so yes.
Message 8 of 17
Stylz
Tutor

You will get a connection BUT you will lose all GeoFilter features (some are able to still use but get a blank upnp table. I'D RECOMMEND NOT UPDATING and RETURNING THE XR500 if you can. It is full of bugs and ZERO solutions besides resetting and trying again. Not sure what NetGear was thinking when releasing this POS. Good luck

Message 9 of 17
Stylz
Tutor

Cannot use GeoFilter, QOS errors, blank tables, WiFi is AWFUL, sick and tired of resetting only for it to still suck. DMZ this, QOS that...this has to be the biggest waste of my hard earned money. Should come with a warning label..."Be prepared to constantly reset prior to updating firmware". Netgear/Duma FAIL FOR SURE!

Message 10 of 17
Fibtls18
Guide

thanks for the input! im back to open connection. 

Message 11 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

This is the only firmware where a reset has been needed for some in order to solve an issue. It is annoying thats why it was pulled to be fixed.

If you've been having issues previously then i'd recommend calling Netgears 24/7 support line.
Message 12 of 17
Gimli
Tutor

Will we have a new firmware to fix the problems?

Message 13 of 17
Killhippie
Prodigy

Netgear will release new firmware when they have sorted the issues out.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 14 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes I believe they are working on a fix now and are rethinking the rollout process.

Killhippie/Case850, if you're going to bicker with each other I'd suggest doing it elsewhere, not in a support post.
Message 15 of 17
Fibtls18
Guide

Update to the 2.3.2.22 or stay on the 18?
Message 16 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Update 🙂
Message 17 of 17
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7