× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Night Hawk XR500 Factory Reset Not Working

GaminoDJ1326
Initiate

Night Hawk XR500 Factory Reset Not Working

Model V:unknown
Firmware:unknown

Browser: Google Chrome

Recently purchased the router from eBay and instantly ran into trouble. When I started the router, it asked for user and password. I was told it had been reset so I put in the default. admin for user and "password" for password. After three attempts it told me I did not have the authorization and prompted me the password reset feature. Since I did not set a previous password and did not know the sequrity questions I self reset. I held the button for seven seconds and attempted again. I again ran into the same issue where default settings were not being accepted. I even attempted a "hard reset" going for the 30-30-30 reset and still the same problem occured. I have searched the forums here and have found similiar issues on other routers. I have reset multiple times using the simple 10 second hold to the 30-30-30 and none have worked and have constantly sent me back to the same screen. I am at a loss of what to do and I am regretting ever buying this router. Please help.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
GaminoDJ1326
Initiate

Re: Night Hawk XR500 Factory Reset Not Working

Turns out I didn't try the simple 30 second reset. My apologies.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
GaminoDJ1326
Initiate

Turns out I didn't try the simple 30 second reset. My apologies.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

FYI as a general rule of thumb, 15 second press on the reset button is only needed for a full factory reset on NG routers. 

Enjoy. 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7