× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Night hawk xr 700

Shawntoro
Aspirant

Night hawk xr 700

Firmware update v1.0.1.34 no doss logs at all?

Hi risk servers and no doss alerts from my logs at all need some help.

Message 1 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sorry, can you clarify what you mean exactly?
Message 2 of 8
Shawntoro
Aspirant

I got the update xr 700 weeks ago . And I can't get any logs for doss protection at all. When I gave me servers were highly susceptible to network intrusions. There's never a time unless I change my IP address that I'm not being hit. Now none of my network intrusions are showing up in my log. And I know they're not always a doss attacks coming in. But are intrusions. Anyways My route is not registering any doss attacks at all
Message 3 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are you using a modem or router before the XR? Did you disable DoS attacks in log options? How do you know you're being attacked/suffering intrusions all the time?
Message 4 of 8
Shawntoro
Aspirant

I have I have the nighthawk CM 1200 That's is 3.1 motorman front of the XR 700 know I did not said it off the DOS protection it's just not registering any dust or intrusions at all. Pretty avid gamer and if you pick know anything about gaming and pay attention it all we are all hit and we all have our attacks your on High Risk gaming servers. So we get them more often than most. If you pay attention everyone get some. But we get more. But anyways I've check the logs a check the settings and I'm not getting any reports of my DOS attacks. So I have to figure out from the latency they sniff my IP address off the servers with. Is only way of knowing when I need to To change my IP address. Without exhausting this post. That's my problem
Message 5 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The DoS attack entries in the logs aren't attacks, they just show connections you have come in contact with. If you were being attacked your internet would be going down every time you play, is that what is happening?
Message 6 of 8
Shawntoro
Aspirant

Is there anyone else to talk to because this guy doesn't know sh!t
Message 7 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for the feedback. You can make a ticket here with Netgear: https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

I wish you the best in getting your issue resolved.
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7