× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NightHawk Gaming XR500 Router

melmorkae
Aspirant

NightHawk Gaming XR500 Router

I received an email stating that I need to update my firmware. With that being said I cannot log on via admin, even tried to reset router and tried again. Now what can I do ? I can't get in to the router via Admin? My app only allows for admin log in, and my tech support ended in 2020. Does that mean a $500 router only lasts four years, will I need to get a new one? Can someone please help me. 

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: NightHawk Gaming XR500 Router

Are you logging in through the browser? 

The defaults logging in through the browser are 

login: admin

password: password

All lower case. 

Message 2 of 6
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

What are you seeing when you try to access the DumaOS interface by going to 192.168.1.1 in your web browser? Are you being prompted for a login, but can't remember your username/password?

If so, since factory resetting, please clear your browsers cache or try accessing the interface from an incognito/private window. Are you then able to access the setup wizard again?

Message 3 of 6
melmorkae
Aspirant

Which browser are you talking about? I have tried thru my Nighthawk app, also tried routerlogin.net & neither will let me in. 

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

MS Edge or FireFox should work after you factory reset the router and setup from scratch with a wired PC and either of those web browsers pointed to 192.168.1.1...

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Any web browser, it doesn't matter. Edge, Chrome, Firefox, etc. 

Try that and if it doesn't work, let us know exactly what you're seeing in the browser.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7