× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NightHawk Xr 500 pro gaming

Killhippie
Prodigy

If its stuck reset the router, and choose I want to set up my router or whatever ist called, I cant remeber off hand. Even though it looks slighly different you will see under internet setup this https://kb.netgear.com/22005/How-to-manually-configure-the-ADSL-settings-on-a-NETGEAR-DSL-Gateway-wi... Set it up with your ISP settings, make sure Dial on demand is set to always and idle time is 0 as in the picture. Also get DNS dynamically. Dont worry about the second  and third image as they dont apply here.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 51 of 64
Killhippie
Prodigy

Thats the latest firmware. So it has connected at some pouint and updated. Click though as to finish.

Message 52 of 64

I can’t do this without you mate.i will reset again and read my options to you.is there no way to do this via team viewer or something I’d really appreciate it
Message 53 of 64
Killhippie
Prodigy

I'll PM you

Message 54 of 64
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Thank you KH for helping so much.

OP - were you able to fix your problem?
Message 55 of 64
Killhippie
Prodigy

Problem not fixed OP needs help as his setup needs PPPoA? I have to head out but if you could help him that would be great.

Message 56 of 64

KH has been fantastic what a guy.unfortunatelynot fixed so its down to Fraser,if he can’t solve my problem,does anyone want to buy a brand new xr500??
Message 57 of 64
Killhippie
Prodigy

Sorry I could not help, Netgear dont support PPPoA so there is no real way apart from having the XR500 as a AP which is a bit of a waste really. Jack or Fraser should be able to help, sadly You only have one network in Hull, so you have to use PPPoA. Good chat over the phone though and at least we tried. Good luck.

Message 58 of 64
BIG_DOG
Luminary

register at netduma forum and send me a pm there and i will ring you and talk you through it. I have tried posting in this crap arsed forum and they do not display. You are ultrafast lightspeed installed by KCOM? The openreach modem will not work at all.  I hope this posts as this is my last 1 on here!

Message 59 of 64
BIG_DOG
Luminary

draytek vigor supports pppoa but if he is true fttp then no vdls modem will work.

Message 60 of 64

Hi Big Dog I’m not I’m fibre from the cabinet Vdsl it’s ok the modem supporting it but doesn’t the router have to as well??
Message 61 of 64
Killhippie
Prodigy

The router he has supports PPPoA in router mode but not in bridge mode it seemed from what we tried. Also the XR500 does not support PPPoA at all. I think it had been set up using the technicolour with DHCP and WIFI turned off and he ended up with issues, I suppose if he turned off Nat in the other router it may work better but still not ideal. The OP just wants a modem and router setup, and if the XR500 cant do PPPoA even if the modem does it wont work surely? 

Message 62 of 64
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It'd probably best to call Netgear support as they will be more familiar with different kind of setups/options. Login here: http://support.netgear.com/ for the 24/7 support number.
Message 63 of 64
Killhippie
Prodigy

I spent a hour on Sunday after a few hours on Saturday trying again, the XR500 and most modern Netgear routers dont suport PPPoA and Hull's kcom is a seperate entity to BT or any other network, its quite the odd one. The modem will sync but the network layer isnt getting information, so sadly the OP had to return the router. I have given feedback to Netgear about this, so maybe one day it might be added, Fraser.

Message 64 of 64
Discussion stats
  • 63 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7