× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk 500 gaming

Stretch163
Aspirant

Nighthawk 500 gaming

Hi all not usually slow at connecting things but having problems with my Thailand AIS setup to connect to my Xr500.

From my supplier I have 2 x boxes.

First box is small box with fiber in connection and 1 x lan output. Presumably modem.

Second box is a ais router 4 port. Connection sequence is Ethernet cable from small box to ais router and bang everything g connects.

What I thought is that same would apply to connecting to the Netgear router straight from small box however when I try setup my internet light stays flashing orange.  Am I doing something wrong or will this not work the way I am trying ?

i can connect to my router and set it up piggybacking from the ais router direct from Ethernet port to the wan port on my Xr500.

however I really don’t want to use the supplied router. Any solutions or workarounds ?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Are there any details such as login or static IP that you could copy over from the AIS box to the Netgear box?

Message 2 of 5
Stretch163
Aspirant

I’ve tried copying in MAC address and then changing netgear router to  ppoe and put username and password but no joy there.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too? Built in router here? If so, Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem. 

Message 4 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Just to clarify, your ISP doesn't provide internet via a wireless connection as looking up Thailand AIS brings up services like that.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7