× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk Android app no devices connected?

mrekimf
Apprentice

Nighthawk Android app no devices connected?

I recently bought the XR500 router. Its been 3 days since I've had it, but dont think it has anything to do with it. Just got the range extender EX7700, seemed to be working. Then I tried connecting my Garage door Geni through wifi and was having problems. So I turned off the extender. Now when I check my Nighthawk app, I have no devices connected according to the app, but I can count at lest 12 devices currently connected. I have checked for current firmware, uninstalled then reinstalled the app, and no change?

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 9
mrekimf
Apprentice

Well thats where I started, then someone said to move it here. So unless its a moderator, telling me to move it, I aint moving it. Apparently no one else has this issue.

Message 3 of 9
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

I'd recommend creating a new thread in the App area, as the Nighthawk Pro Gaming area is focussed on the routers use themselves (pretty much anyway). 

Might be worth getting in touch with official NETGEAR support too.

Message 4 of 9
schumaku
Guru

@Netduma_Jack wrote:

I'd recommend creating a new thread in the App area, as the Nighthawk Pro Gaming area is focussed on the routers use themselves (pretty much anyway). 

I think we sent the OP over here from the App area. Reason is, that these issues exist in the wild with many (read: all) Netgear routers for several years now. Connected Devices listed are either incomplete, show wrong connectivity, don't allow changing name and device type or these changes are not stored, or are shown different by other App access or on the router Web UI.

Message 5 of 9
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

OK understood, thanks for explaining.

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

The ethernet connection will be only as good as the wifi connection between the XR500 and the EX7700 is. 

Message 7 of 9
mrekimf
Apprentice

Got it, so no difference in using ethernet or wifi.
Thanks
Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7